- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 16:06:22 CET.
- Meeting ended at 16:59:11 CET.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (87)
- Joanie - joanie (43)
- Joseph - clown (32)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (25)
- Mike - mgorse (2)
3.5 cycle feature proposal
- ACTION: Joseph will update the stateus of the magnifier's brightness/contrast/inverse effects feature, and move it to the 3.5 features page.
- ACTION: Piñeiro, after some researching, will bring enabling accessibility by default 3.6 to the accessibility list.
- ACTION: If appropriate, based on the outcome of the subsequent discussion, Piñeiro will propose it as feature.
Ohio Linux Fest?
- Recently Bryen sent a mail to gnome-accessibility about Ohio Linux Fest. He thinks that it could be a good place to promote accessibility.
- Some people from gnome-marketing were interested, but Bryen feels that it is important to also have some "technical" people involved.
- Joanie could potentially fly out to Ohio before Grace Hopper.
- ACTION: Juanjo will contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth
Outreach Program for Women update?
- Joseph parially did his action from last week — come up with something in terms of a "small contribution".
- Joseph looked through the Accerciser bug list to find something small and self contained to recommend to Ahu, but didn't find anything suitable. He noted that none of the bugs are tagged "gnome-love".
- Joseph is considering filing a feature request: have the about box show the version number, and then suggest Ahu work on that for her "small contribution".
Marketing and Fundraising
- the FoG a11y campaign has reached $14,005, so at this pace, it is possible to get the goal by June.
- ACTION: Juanjo will write some ideas about how to marketing a11y to developers.
- (Nothing logged)
- Update the stateus of the magnifier's brightness/contrast/inverse effects feature, and move it to the 3.5 features page.
- Contact Bryen about the OLF a11y booth.
- Write some ideas about how to marketing a11y to developers
- After some researching, will bring enabling accessibility by default 3.6 to the accessibility list. If appropriate, based on the outcome of the subsequent discussion, Piñeiro will propose it as feature.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- Add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.