- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:07:13 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 16:20:23 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (147)
- Joanie - joanie (134)
- Joseph - clown (86)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (10)
- Benjamin - Company (9)
- Patrick - prlw1 (5)
- Mike - mgorse (3)
A11y Breakage in Other Modules
- Joanie has seen a few really, really old a11y bugs (e.g. impacting GOK). In addition, and more importantly, there are new bugs (like Evolution) we need to keep better track of.
- Joanie is wondering two things: 1) What we think we should do about the uber-old bugs? 2) Do we know the status of the core gnome modules (nautilus, evolution)?
- Joanie proposes that she search for all the GOK-related bugs open against some other module and suggest via comment that they be closed.
- ACTION: Joanie will look for the old bugs as previous discussed and suggest via comment they be closed by the module maintainer
- ACTION: Mike will add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
- ACTION: Joanie will do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
UTC is Hard, let's go shopping!
- UTC seems to be confusing to some users.
- Benjamin also mentioned that with the last switch a11y meetings overlaps with RH meetings.
Joanie added the meeting time to the subscribable calendar (and will re-update if we change meeting times), so team members can use the calendar subscription as a possible solution. (?)
- The official time zone of the team is now CET. UTC is dead.
- The official team meeting time will be moved to 16:00 CET.
- ACTION: Joanie will update the calendar and wiki accordingly.
Outreach Program for Women
- Joseph recieved two emails from student about GSoC, but not specifically about his project.
- He informed Marina after she asked if there were any nibbles.
- ACTION: Joseph will politely respond to students suggesting they look over the other GNOME GSoC projects.
Marketing and Fundraising
- This week we've reach the 64% of the FoG a11y campaign $12,760.
Upcoming schedule is here: https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointFive#Schedule
People wanting to "just get" unstable updates should (in Joanie's opinion) consider Rawhide for their non-production systems: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide.
- look for the old bugs as previous discussed and suggest via comment they be closed by the module maintainer.
- do a full evaluation of the accessibility breakage in Evolution 3.4 and file bugs accordingly.
- update the calendar and wiki for the new CET-based meetings.
- politely respond to students suggesting they look over the other GNOME GSoC projects.
- add the keyword 'accessibility' to gnome core module bugs he's filed (e.g. evolution and nautilus) which are still open.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Test a11y on wxwidgets
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.