Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Joanie at 15:05:17 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:44:32 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Joanie - joanie (87)
    • Joseph - clown (50)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (14)
    • Mike - mgorse (1)
  • Log

Uber-Fast Meeting Today

  • We do not have a quorum for a variety of reasons. But the only two topics involve people here. So we're having a quick meeting anyway.

Outreach Program for Women

  • Joseph updated the a11y section of the OPW wiki page.

  • Marina made minor edits, and suggested that the GSOC page also be updated.

  • And, the same was done for the IDRC local GSOC page

  • Seeing as how Joseph has been in touch with Marina, Piñeiro's "next step" of following up with Marina to inform her of these changes seems unnecessary.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • We have added some info about some of the new a11y features in the GNOME 3.4 Release Notes.
  • In the FoG a11y campaign, we don't have an update this week, but less than the half is left.
  • Joanie gave a good presentation two weekends ago at Northeast GNU/Linux Fest.

Miscellaneous Time

  • Abandonware:
    • During LibrePlanet, Jonathan Nadeau (an Orca user) gave a presentation about Free Accessibility.

    • As part of his presentation, he presented MouseTrap as a good example of GNOME A11y.

    • For the record, MouseTrap *was* cool, but was a student project and is now abandonware.

    • Joanie chatted with Karen about what Joanie calls the "Google Summer of Code Problem."
    • We seriously need to do something in this regard.
  • Magnifier DBus Interface:
    • Joseph sent a proposal to the a11y list about removing some methods from the magnifier DBus interface, specifically methods that are inconsistent with the relevant GSettings, asking if anyone objected to the proposed approach.

    • Joseph got one reponse that was not posted to the list, and it was a minor objection.

    • Joseph is inclined to proceed since no real objections.
    • ACTION: Joseph to consult with Piñeiro about the magnifier DBus vs Gsettings issue.

Action Items


  • Joseph:
    • Consult with Piñeiro about the magnifier DBus vs Gsettings issue.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120329 (last edited 2012-04-04 23:37:47 by JoanmarieDiggs)