Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Joanie at 15:08:29 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:52:01 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Joanie - joanie (101)
    • Joseph - clown (49)
    • Mike - mgorse (7)
  • Log

Outreach Program for Women

  • Last meeting the decision was made to reorganize the OWP a11y team section.
  • But the conclusion was to decide during next meeting (which is now this meeting) who would do so.
  • Joseph is the one with the project. So how shall we proceed?
  • LINK:

  • ACTION: Joseph will update the a11y team section of the OPW/GSOC.

GNOME 3.4 - Are we all set?

  • This is just a quick check to be sure that we're good to go, don't have any surprises, etc.
  • As far as Joanie is aware, everything is fine w.r.t. Orca and its users.
  • AT-SPI2:
    • There is a possible issue in AT-SPI2 with actions, according to Nagappan.
    • Mike will investigate it.
    • We will determine if it is worthy of a code-freeze break request once Mike knows the scope of the problem.
  • GNOME Shell Mag:
    • Joseph wrote the release notes for the zoom options universal access panel. Juanjo incorporated them.
    • Joseph uploaded a patch to GNOME Shell incorporating the effect. But, it still suffers from a undesired transparency side effect.
    • Joseph is trying to debug, and has traced it back to somewhere inside clutter.
    • It looks like *all* clutter effects show this problem.
    • Joseph has just finished some demo test code to show the problem just using Clutter and needs to confirm his test code is valid. If he does, then he will be contacting ebassi to discuss. i.e. it's possilbe this is a general bug in clutter.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Juanjo isn't present and Joanie has not seen any report from him.
  • Release notes were drafted by the team, submitted by Juanjo, reworded by Allan Day.
  • Joanie has not been following the day-to-day changes of the FoG campaign, but according to "Friends of GNOME: $10,631 - $9,369 to go."

Miscellaneous time

  • (None)

Action Items


  • Joseph:
    • update the a11y team section of the OPW/GSOC.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • PiƱeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120322 (last edited 2012-03-30 21:37:24 by JoanmarieDiggs)