Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:11:52 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 16:08:21 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (124)
    • Joanie - joanie (59)
    • Joseph - clown (39)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (32)
    • Mike - mgorse (7)
  • Log

GNOME 3.4 Updates

  • GNOME Shell:
    • Some ATK related patches were committed on GNOME Shell. Some others were reviewed and updated.
    • Piñeiro is not sure if we will get all of them committed by this Monday.
    • He will probably ping Dan Winship on Florian Mullner about that.
  • Clutter Brightness/Contrast:
    • Joseph uploaded patch to GNOME Shell that integrates the Clutter brightness/contrast effect, noted that it doesn't work, and conditions where it does work. See 639851.

    • He also updated the "current status" on the features page.

    • Note that the relevant gesttings schema is marked for commitment.
  • Other:
    • Joanie is continuing to work on small, safe fixes for Orca and testing with gnome-shell.
    • Mike fixed a regression introduced with a recent glib that was making gnome-shell not be accessible, and also tried to fix a "bug" where keystrokes intended for Orca are sometimes being passed through to the application.
    • He is also concerned that Evolution still isn't usable.

Outreach Program for Women

  • Joseph wrote a draft of a proposal for automated ARIA testing.

  • He also attempted to break it down into sub-tasks so that there is something a student could take on.
  • We probably should reorganize the OWP section about a11y.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will send a mail to Marina after that, we will ask her what to do with students who contacted us.
  • During the next weekly meeting we will decide who will do the reorganization.

Marketing and Fundraising

Miscellaneous time

  • (None)

Action Items


  • Piñeiro:
    • send a mail to Marina after that, we will ask her what to do with students who contacted us about OWP/GSOC
  • Team members:
    • fill out their Release Notes ASAP

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • along with Piñeiro, ask other a11y team people about their plans for GUADEC
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • research for the schedule, to check if it make senses to have a session during GUADEC, or we need to organize something pre-post GUADEC
    • along with joanie, ask other a11y team people about their plans for GUADEC
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120315 (last edited 2012-03-22 03:51:12 by JoanmarieDiggs)