- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:06:15 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 16:05:34 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (92)
- Joanie - joanie (84)
- Joseph - clown (73)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (21)
- Mike - mgorse (4)
Outreach Program for Women
- Joseph is involved in the testing of the ARIA specification.
- Testing means checking that there are at least two implementations of the spec that work.
- He is concentrating on FF and ATK/AT-SPI as part of that effort.
- Others are testing IE and FF on Windows with IAccessible2 and on Mac (Safari), and their Ax.
- The testing involves loading a small html file into the browser with, for example, an aria role set in the markup; then looking at that using accerciser to see what is coming out of AT-SPI. Where there is an expected result from the spec (something like: Div with role "alert" is published in AT-SPI as an accessible with an ALERT role").
- There will be upwards of 1000 ? such tests. It would be nice to automate this.
IBM has added code to AccProbe on Windows to output an XML file that describe what IAccessble2 is seeing when a test file is loaded into the browser. Right now they simply do a diff between that XML output and the expected output. Personally, Joseph thinks a more object oriented approach would be better.
- He thinks something like IBM's approach could be added to Accerciser somehow as a way of automating this process.
- Joseph concluded with, "So that's the description of the overall problem while pointing vaguely at a solution, but is there anything in there for WOP?"
- Joanie likes this plan tremendously.
- Additional discussion followed (see log).
- ACTION: Joseph will create a wiki page describing the overall task and think about student-oriented chunks of it.
GNOME 3.4 Updates
- Piñeiro + joanie were working on ATK support for GNOME Shell.
- Joanie thinks that the situation improved.
- Piñeiro will ping danw.
- Somewhat unrelated but also related, today there is a release team meeting. One of the items to discuss are which bugs mark as 3.4. Piñeiro will ask about this GNOME Shell+ATK patches, although probably it depends on GNOME shell maintainers.
- If other people have some question to that release team meeting, this is the time to express them.
- The brightness / contrast effect has been committed to clutter master.
- The bug, however is left open while they decide what to do about the lightness inversion effect.
- Joseph needs to touch base with ebassi to see if the transparency issue has been fixed.
- mclasen has noted on the GS bug regarding these effects that the b/c effect has at least landed.
- Joseph will continue the code in GS that uses these effects, and create a new patch.
- Joseph will also poke the gnome-desktop-schemas project to review and commit the prefs schema for these effects.
- ACTION: Joseph will update the Gnome 3.4 release features page wrt this work.
Marketing and Fundraising
- Another US $1000 for the FoG a11y campaign this week.
Juanjo added a new testimonial to the FoG page
- Karen will post about the status of the campaign and she will mention the new testimonial.
- Andre Kappler asked teams to help on release notes.
- We should start to think on what we got done in 3.4 for those release notes.
- ACTION: Joseph will write something the the mag configuration panel for Andre Klapper and release notes.
- ACTION: Juanjo will contact high contrast contributors for writing the lines for GNOME 3.4 release notes.
- create a wiki page describing the overall (proposed OWP) task and think about student-oriented chunks of it.
- update the Gnome 3.4 release features page wrt this work.
- write something the the mag configuration panel for Andre Klapper and release notes.
- contact high contrast contributors for writing the lines for GNOME 3.4 release notes.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- along with Piñeiro, ask other a11y team people about their plans for GUADEC
- Test a11y on wxwidgets
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
- research for the schedule, to check if it make senses to have a session during GUADEC, or we need to organize something pre-post GUADEC
- along with joanie, ask other a11y team people about their plans for GUADEC
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.