Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:06:07 UTC
  • Meeting ended at 15:45:04 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (78)
    • Joseph - clown (32)
    • Javi - jhernandez|eee (17)
    • Joanie - joanie (9)
    • Ale - aleiva (3)
    • Mike - mgorse (3)
    • Javier - Javido (3)
    • Patrick - prlw1 (1)
    • Frederik - fregl (1)
  • Log


  • Piñeiro stills need to check how the schedule will be.
  • We also still need to check which people will be at GUADEC.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Juanjo is working on another testimonial for the FoG campaign.
  • We have a draft for an a11y article, possible to be sent to

Reminder: Q4's are Due

  • Q4s are due. Joanie will do the summary.

3.4 Features Updates

  • Piñeiro provided patches for about 5 bugs on gnome-shell related to atk support. He is waiting for review, hopefully before 3.4 release, but not sure.
  • Joseph modified latest brightness/contrast shader and uploaded patch. See 656156. Reviewed, and modified by Ebassi (just this morning). Unfortunately, removed the ligthness inversion effect. He is undecided as to whether it belongs in Clutter and suggests moving it back to GNOME Shell. So, now that's two Clutter maintainers now suggesting it doesn't belong in Clutter.

  • With regard to using these effects in GS-mag, Joseph is still trying to figure out why they don't quite work. This is frustrating, since they worked as recently as a month ago. Joseph feels that it is looking less like this will be available for 3.4 — it's gonna be tight. Joseph will update 3.4 features page to reflect this state of affairs.
  • Joanie continues to work on Orca's performance and code cleanup. Notifications are now presented by Orca in gnome-shell -- assuming the patches get approved in time for 3.4.
  • Mike filed a bug against gtkhtml to fix some a11y regressions introduced by the gail refactor, but it's currently unreviewed. Also various AT-SPI fixes (not really new features).

Miscellaneous time

  • (No topics raised)

Action Items


  • Joanie:
    • write the Q4 summary report

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • along with Piñeiro, ask other a11y team people about their plans for GUADEC
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • research for the schedule, to check if it make senses to have a session during GUADEC, or we need to organize something pre-post GUADEC
    • along with joanie, ask other a11y team people about their plans for GUADEC
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120223 (last edited 2012-02-29 15:42:46 by JoanmarieDiggs)