Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:28:39 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:55:08 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (64)
    • Joanie - joanie (33)
    • Joseph - clown (27)
    • Javi - jhernandez|eee (25)
    • Ale - aleiva (20)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (19)
  • Log

Reminder: Q4's are Due

  • Piñeiro reminded all team members (but Joseph, who already did) to fill in their notes for the Q4 reports.

  • Joanie will draft our team's report from what everyone provides.
  • Summaries are expected by Emily by 17 February so it would be helpful to have the drafts prior to that point.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • The FoG campaign now has $5,689, around $1400 more that in the last meeting. :-)

  • Juanjo is writing an article for about a11y and plans to mention the FoG campaign.
  • The FoG progress bar has been added to

3.4 Progress

  • Piñeiro has been working on gnome-shell accessibility, adding more names, roles and states. He has patches already on bugzilla and being updated. Hopefully 3.4 will have a GNOME-Shell with a proper ATK support.
  • Joanie reported that Orca's performance is improved. Also Orca's stability is improved (crashes gnome-shell far less now) ;)

  • Ale is going to work into libvte bugs for real.
  • Joanie is also working on the dbus activation for desktop environment independence.
  • Joseph uploaded another patch to clutter for brightness/contrast changes. This time the patch is for master (last time for clutter-1.8). He is integrating this into gnome-shell at the moment. He also updated the 3.4 features page to note current progress on brightness/contrast and focus tracking.
  • Javi has done a new Accerciser release with ipython plugin 0.11 compliant. Macaroon has been partially ported to pygi, in order to keep the Orca regression tests working. He added that for 3.4, we need to fix some issues with pygobject and unicode problems.

Miscellaneous time

  • David Bolter announced a new mozilla a11y list

  • Javi asked about accessibility-related activities (meetings, hackfest, bof, booth) at GUADEC. Due to the small number of people in attendance at this meeting, we should add that as a topic for the next meeting.
  • Joanie will add accessibility-related activities at GUADEC to the agenda of the next meeting when she does the minutes.

Action Items


  • Joanie:
    • Add accessibility-related activities at GUADEC to the agenda of the next meeting when she does the minutes.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • Update the status page for the Features page.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

    • Update the status of Zoom Options dialog, Focus-caret tracking, and Brightness and Contrast Functionality.
  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120209 (last edited 2012-02-16 03:49:42 by JoanmarieDiggs)