- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:09:34 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 16:05:10 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (122)
- Joseph - clown (52)
- Benjamin - Company (20)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (16)
- Joanie - joanie (13)
- Mike - mgorse (3)
- Fer - fer (2)
- Frederik - frederik and fregl (2)
- This time was more balanced between discussion and hacking, although still more discussion.
- There are still a lot of questions, mostly from Benjamin's side, as he wants to change a lot of things, but not sure about the way to do that.
- One of the main conclusions is to have accessibility enabled by default. This will require more testing, from the early stages, etc. And the first step of that plan is to stop using atk-bridge as a module/plugin.
- There is not, however, a specific implementation in mind yet:
a library? => new dependencies to gtk, cluttter etc.
introduce it into atk => atk will be bigger, will have a dependency with at-spi2-core
gtk talking directly on the BUS => only Benjamin likes that idea
- The idea would be talk about that now, and start it at the beginning of 3.6 cycle
3.4 Features Update
Zoom Options Dialog, launched from control centre's Universal Access Panel (details):
- Merged into master as of 21 Jan 2012.
- Note: one minor change made by Bastien before committing: He made the dialog modal.
- Joseph is not sure about that, but it's not enough of an issue to argue.
- Probably to be consistent with other control centre dialogs.
Lightness inversion, brightness, and contrast effects (details)
- Settled on new algorithm for brightness/contrast -- the one that GIMP uses (as earlier suggested by Neil).
Have patched clutter-1.8 with the new code, and uploaded to bug (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=656156#c26)
- clutter-1.8 branch because that is what GNOME Shell jhbuild does, according to its wiki docs.
- Can compile and link with clutter master.
- Still need to test master branch version.
But, ... ebassi has suggested using the new CoglSnippet Piñeiro to implement all three effects.
- Joseph will investigate this technique.
- He hopes to have a new patch for master branch by tomorrow.
Focus/caret tracking (details)
- No progress due partly to other obligations (the above, aria work).
- Also, the IDRC (Joseph's employer) is reluctant to proceed without funding.
- Joseph has suggested to exchange another magnifier feature for the focus work. For example, one of the features was to support multiple monitors.
- So: consider delaying multiple monitor support until after focus tracking (possibly need to clear this with AEGIS).
- Will likely proceed to this work after finishing up the inversion, brightness, and contrast effects.
- Joanie did much of the work on the Dots introspection (still in her sandbox). BUT has had to focus on Orca.
- Joanie really and truly hopes to finish the introspection work soon and get a patch to Fer.
Q4's are Due
- Emily Chen sent the usual "GNOME teams needs to write what they did on Q4"
Your notes go here: https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/QuarterlyReports/2011/Q4
- Piñeiro and Joanie will write up and submit the final report.
Marketing and Fundraising
- GNOME was submitted to the The Computerworld Honors Program with special remark about accessibility.
- The Friends of GNOME progress bar has been put in www.gnome.org.
- At this point we have $4263 USD.
- A piece of news about the a11y hackfest is in the GNOME news queue.
- Piñeiro will go this weekend to FOSDEM. He will have a talk about accessibility.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Update the status page for the Features page.
- Update the status of Zoom Options dialog, Focus-caret tracking, and Brightness and Contrast Functionality.
- Test a11y on wxwidgets
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.