Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:05:25 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:35:50 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (55)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (14)
    • Joseph - clown (9)
    • Mike - mgorse (3)
  • Log

Hackfest Update

  • People were notified about the hotel room and that Igalia will do a group reservation.
  • DBUS developer contacted by Benjamin Otte confirmed that he is not coming.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will talk with Benjamin about DBUS developer involvement (unlikely to find a backup at this moment).

Marketing and Fundraising

  • It looks like we've gotten a fairly weak response for the FoG campaign (less than $2K).
  • Marketing is trying to fix this: install the progress bar and more articles in media.
  • Bryen proposed to the marketing team to nominate GNOME a11y to the computerworld award:

Miscellaneous time

  • As we have some features proposed to 3.4, instead of waiting for the release team to ask, "how that feature is going?" probably it would be good to do an update in this area periodically via our team meetings.

Action Items


  • Piñeiro:
    • Talk with Benjamin about DBUS developer involvement (unlikely to find a backup at this moment).

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • Update the status page for the Features page.
    • Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

    • Update the status of Zoom Options dialog, Focus-caret tracking, and Brightness and Contrast Functionality.
  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

Accessibility/Minutes/20120105 (last edited 2012-02-01 20:20:21 by JoanmarieDiggs)