Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:05:31 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 16:00:29 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (92)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (31)
    • Joanie - joanie (12)
    • Brian - bnitz (4)
    • Heidi - heidi (4)
  • Log


Hackfest Update

  • Finally we got the confirmation that travel committee will cover hotel+flights.
  • About the hotel, we are going to use the same procedure that we did for the webkitgtk hackfest.
  • Igalia will book the hotel Avenida, so once the people knew the exact days contact us.
  • Last week we finally made the public announcement.

  • ACTION: Piñeiro will send a informative mail to the current confirmed attendees.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • The accessibilty FoG campaign was launched the 16th December.
  • Unfortunately, Juanjo doesn't yet have data about how is going on so far.
  • Piñeiro and Bryen made posts in planet gnome, and Alan Bell and Pendulum will do another one in Planet Ubuntu.
  • Also the announce have been published in and social media.
  • There are problems with the donation progress bar, but Juanjo wasn't informed about the current status.

Keynote speaker about accessibility for the next GUADEC

  • IDEA: Juanjo thinks it is a good idea to propose a keynote speaker for the next GUADEC from the accessibilty world: Someone who can give a interesting talk about the topic that can help to promote accessibility inside the GNOME community.
  • Joanie thinks that keynote speakers are typically chosen because they are seen as awesome/important/whatever by the entire community. She thinks, therefore, that unless you can get someone like Stevie Wonder this will not be a good -- or doable -- idea.
  • Juanjo responded that, in fact, the keynote speaker are chosen by recommendation from people from the community.
  • Piñeiro thinks that if there is only one keynote, it wouldn't worth to have a specific accessibility keynote
  • Piñeiro added, in the same way, we usually have talks about accessibility approved, so anyone could go there.
  • There is a keynote speaker every core day.
  • If there is just one keynote, and it is about accessibility, we are in danger of keep being seen as a "different thing".
  • Brian mentioned Adrian Hands as the person he was thinking of earlier, he had ALS but submitted a patch for a 9 year old GNOME bug via morse code:

  • Piñeiro is not sure.
  • ACTION: Juanjo will look for candidates as keynote speakers

Miscellaneous time

  • (Nothing logged)

Action Items


  • Juanjo will look for candidates as keynote speakers for GUADEC
  • Piñeiro will send a informative mail to the current confirmed attendees for the hackfest

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • Work with Piñeiro and others on the agenda for the upcoming hackfest.
    • Update the status page for the Features page.
    • Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

    • Update the status of Zoom Options dialog, Focus-caret tracking, and Brightness and Contrast Functionality.
  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

    • Work with Joanie and others on the agenda for the upcoming hackfest.

Accessibility/Minutes/20111229 (last edited 2012-01-05 02:33:47 by JoanmarieDiggs)