Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:07:21 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 16:09:56 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (92)
    • Joseph - clown (54)
    • Joanie - joanie (52)
    • Mike - mgorse (4)
  • Log

Release Team Meeting Update and Pings

  • The release-team had a meeting this past Monday.
  • One of the things they requested is an update of the feature proposals.
  • In summary, update this page:

  • Joanie has been busy with Orca + WebKitGtk. But she hopes to resume working on Dots next week.

  • Joanie has already done most of the introspection work in her sandbox.
  • ACTION: Joanie will update the status page for the Features page.
  • ACTION: Joseph will update the status of Zoom Options dialog, Focus-caret tracking, and Brightness and Contrast Functionality.


  • Last year we had a specific a11y room. Probably this year we will not have something like that, but it would be good to have some kind of accessibility talks in other rooms, like GNOME and so on. Lighning talks can be also an option.
  • Piñeiro is checking if he can go or not.
  • Joanie is thinking she will likely not go as she thinks she'll be attending an event prior to the hackfest, and being away from home for a month is a bit much in her opinion.
  • From cross-desktop info: "The deadline for submissions is December 20th 2011.
  • FOSDEM will be from 4-5 February.
  • See

Hackfest Update

  • Still not publicly announced, but the dates and places are still those planned.
  • The plan is to create a general agenda and make the announcement.
  • As Ryan Lortie is not coming, Benjamin Otte contacted another person to be the "DBUS expert" at the hackfest.
  • Announcement will be done soon.
  • Piñeiro also mentioned the planned hackfest to the Foundation, as Brian Cameron was asking for updates from teams.
  • He also reported that we discarded Brno.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Karen sent a mail to gnome-marketing about FoG.
  • The summary of that FoG is "Help to make 2012 the Year of Accessibility at GNOME"
  • Juanjo is also working on a testimonials page.

Miscellaneous Time

Action Items


  • Joanie:
    • update the status page for the Features page.
  • Joseph:
    • update the status of Zoom Options dialog, Focus-caret tracking, and Brightness and Contrast Functionality.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Test a11y on wxwidgets
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors.

    • Work with Joanie and others on the agenda for the upcoming hackfest.

Accessibility/Minutes/20111215 (last edited 2011-12-28 23:13:14 by JoanmarieDiggs)