- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 15:14:06 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 16:06:54 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (133)
- Joanie - joanie (38)
- Juanjo - jjmarin11 (29)
- Joseph - clown (18)
- Mike - mgorse (12)
- Brian - bnitz (10)
- Alex - alexsurkov (9)
- Frederik - fregl (5)
- After talking with the people involved and re-checking office availability, the conclusion was to hold our hackfest during Week 03.
- For the moment we will propose a wed-sun hackfest, although it could change.
- Although Brian Cameron sent a mail about renting rooms at Brno for other hackfests, we will keep the Coruña plan.
- Once we have an agenda and official dates, we will send a public announcement/invitation to the list.
- ACTION: Piñeiro, joanie, and others will work on the agenda.
- ACTION: Piñeiro will send a mail with tentative days, as some people are not in the meeting.
- ACTION: Piñeiro after that, Piñeiro will send a public announcement.
Marketing and Fundraising
- The a11y FoG campaign will be launched pretty soon.
- Karen Sandler is looking for company fundraising.
- The amount of money to raise will depend on this support.
- Without any company support, probably the amount to raise will be 25k USD, though we hope to exceed it.
- Andreas Nilsson is working in the banner and progress bar.
- Juanjo was told the marketing team is working on the campaign text.
- As you may have seen on the a11y mailing list, a testimonial page was proposed.
- Karen Sandler want to entitle 2012 the year of a11y.
- ACTION: Juanjo will write a list of the tasks that the funds could be directed towards.
- ACTION: search for "AT registering" bug if exist, if not create it, include it on ATK agenda.
The bug already exists: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=649123
- Piñeiro, joanie, and others will work on the hackfest agenda.
- Piñeiro will send a mail with tentative days, as some people are not in the meeting.
- Piñeiro after that, Piñeiro will send a public announcement.
- Juanjo will write a list of the tasks that the FoG-raised funds could be directed towards.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
- Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
- Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
- Start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
Ask for the next steps for the a11y FoG campaign
- Test a11y on wxwidgets
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors
Keep talking with the WebKitGtk hackfest organizers about a concurrent ATK/AT-SPI hackfest, and reach a conclusion.
- Send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.