Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:51:31 UTC (due to initial lack of quorum)
  • Meeting ended at 14:51:31 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (100)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (41)
    • Joanie - joanie (39)
    • Joseph - clown (28)
    • Ryan - desrt (3)
  • Log

Hackfest Update

  • In the end, space was also a issue in Brno. In fact there are doubts about having enough space just for gtk folks.
  • As a result, right now we are activating "Plan C: January, Coruña, Igalia offices.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will send a summary mail about the present plan for the hackfest, also asking about availability.

GNOME 3.4 Feature Proposal Status

  • There has been no new activity on the thread.
  • The release-team meeting is scheduled for Saturday, 5-Nov.
  • Piñeiro thinks they will talk about those feature proposals during that meeting.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Juanjo's propsal for the FoG goal.

  • ACTION: Juanjo will ask for the next steps for the FoG campaign.
  • Allan Bell want to revive the a11y planet.
  • We can participate in a revived a11y planet if Allan is willing to create one.

Team Quarterly Reports (Q3)

Miscellaneous Time

  • We need to investigate service/app and mouse operations. Literature: GOK and others.

Action Items


  • Juanjo:
    • ask for the next steps for the FoG campaign.
  • Piñeiro:
    • send a summary mail about the present plan for the hackfest, also asking about availability.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team:
    • If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
    • Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
    • Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
    • Start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • review the present roadmap, taking into account FoG and the work that has already been completed. She will begin drafting a new roadmap for the upcoming two years.
    • Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
    • assemble a list of all the bugs in other people's modules, including this GtkScale one assuming it's not yet fixed.

  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors

    • Keep talking with the WebKitGtk hackfest organizers about a concurrent ATK/AT-SPI hackfest, and reach a conclusion.

    • Send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.

Accessibility/Minutes/20111103 (last edited 2011-11-12 15:48:07 by JoanmarieDiggs)