Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:35:51 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:29:00 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (88)
    • Joanie - joanie (61)
    • Joseph - clown (30)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (25)
    • Mike - mgorse (11)
    • Ale - aleiva (2)
    • Javi - jhernandez (1)
    • Aline - alibezz (1)
  • Log

GNOME 3.4 Feature Proposal Status

  • Piñeiro sent all the feature proposals last week.
  • The thread with the most discussion is the one related to eviacam. It is unlikely to be accepted. Main concerns: wxwidgets and
    • integration.
  • There are some concerns with respect to Dasher as well, in relation with overview (so also integration).
  • In the end Piñeiro categorized the features: some ready to be integrated as core, others just suggested to be included on GNOME ecosystem, as inkscape.
  • With respect to the zoom options control panel:
    • Bastien has requested some changes to the UI for the dialog and has invited him to post screen shots and discuss with him in #gnome-design.
    • Joseph has been making these changes and hopes to meet up with him (irc) later today.
  • With respect to focus/caret tracking:
    • The only question (from Matthias) was if this was specific to the magnifier, or could it be used by the onscreen keyboard.
    • Joseph replied that it could be used by anyone, but the first consumer would be the magnifier, most likely.
  • With respect to Dots:
    • There was only one person with questions about Dots (Matthias). He was seeking clarification about how Dots works, rather than expressing concerns.
    • Joanie answered his questions and is hopeful Dots will be accepted.
  • The Release team is organizing a meeting (day not confirmed yet). Piñeiro thinks that it is probable GNOME 3.4 features would be part of the agenda.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • The Foundation and the marketing team is committed to set an a11y FoG Campaign.
  • The intent is to start the campaign running in December, or before, for the Christmas time (gift-giving and so on).
  • We finally agreed that it will more practical not to set very concrete goals, like contracts because contracts/bids need to go through the process of being accepted by the Foundation Board.
  • The marketing team is waiting for our a11y FoG goal.
  • ACTION: Juanjo will write the FoG goal with the help of the a11y team.
  • ACTION: Joanie will review the present roadmap, taking into account FoG and the work that has already been completed. She will begin drafting a new roadmap for the upcoming two years.

Hackfest Update

  • We are still waiting for Ryan's answers to Piñeiro's questions.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will contact him Ryan directly.
  • For the moment the current plan in action is Brno.
  • Igalia offices are still available if this plan fails.
  • Given that there are likely to be other groups meeting in Brno, Joanie has suggested that it might be worth having a Brno Summit (Boston Summit style)
  • These suggestions were made casually and in informal conversations.
  • It is up to the Board to decide if pursuing this event is worth doing.
  • Given the *possibility* of this occurring, however, team members interested in attending a larger GNOME event in February should be on the lookout for announcements regarding this possibility.

Team Quarterly Reports (Q3)

Miscellaneous Time

  • (crickets)

Action Items


  • Joanie:
    • review the present roadmap, taking into account FoG and the work that has already been completed. She will begin drafting a new roadmap for the upcoming two years.
  • Juanjo:
    • write the FoG goal with the help of the a11y team
  • Piñeiro:
    • Contact Ryan with his questions regarding the suggested Brno hackfest.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team:
    • If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
    • Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
    • Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
    • Start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
    • assemble a list of all the bugs in other people's modules, including this GtkScale one assuming it's not yet fixed.

  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors

    • Keep talking with the WebKitGtk hackfest organizers about a concurrent ATK/AT-SPI hackfest, and reach a conclusion.

    • Send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.

Accessibility/Minutes/20111027 (last edited 2011-11-02 08:41:16 by JoanmarieDiggs)