Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:35:48 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:29:18 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (95)
    • Joanie - joanie (27)
    • Joseph - clown (22)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (18)
    • Ale - aleiva (7)
    • Heidi - heidi (5)
    • Mike - mgorse (2)
  • Log

Hackfest Update

  • Organizing our hackfest during webkitgtk hackfest became more difficult than initially thought.
  • Tt this moment around 20 people are expected for that hackfest.
  • Organizing a parallel event seems complex due to noise and coordination.
  • Ryan lortie proposed to us that we check the possibility of doing ours in Brno February, as he is trying to organize a gtk hackfest there.
  • We asked Ryan several questions related to space and so on. We're waiting for his answers.
  • LINK:

  • ACTION: Piñeiro will ask Ryan about the days of the potential Brno hackfest.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Although they didn't contact us directly, the Foundation Board published the minutes of their meeting.
  • It seems that there are some misunderstandings on the performance contract as they are suggesting we make it wider.
  • That sounds odd to us, as we alway said that this is a bid, so if approved anyone could participate.
  • That log says that Ryan Lortie would contact us. We are waiting for him to do so.
  • ACTION: Juanjo will attend the marketing meeting to be informed about the fundraising campaign and propose an a11y campaign.

GNOME 3.4 Feature Proposal

  • Joanie will sent the information about dots soon.
  • Piñeiro plans to send that feature proposals soon, tomorrow or this weekend.
  • The deadline for feature proposal: 24 October.

Team Quarterly Reports (Q3)

  • Reminder, write the Q3 Team Quarterly Reports.

Miscellaneous Time

  • (crickets)

Action Items


  • Juanjo:
    • Attend the marketing meeting to be informed about the fundraising campaign and propose an a11y campaign.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Ask Ryan about the days of the potential Brno hackfest.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team:
    • If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
    • Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
    • Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
    • Start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
    • assemble a list of all the bugs in other people's modules, including this GtkScale one assuming it's not yet fixed.

  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors

    • Keep talking with the WebKitGtk hackfest organizers about a concurrent ATK/AT-SPI hackfest, and reach a conclusion.

    • Send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.

Accessibility/Minutes/20111020 (last edited 2011-10-27 02:08:37 by JoanmarieDiggs)