Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:35:55 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:35:36 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (158)
    • Joseph - clown (54)
    • Javi - jhernandez|eee (34)
    • Ale - aleiva (26)
    • Mike - mgorse (5)
  • Log

Hackfest Planning

  • Piñeiro started to talk with WebkitGtk organizers.

  • The main concern is how much the attendance will grow. Right now it is estimated about 16-17 people for WebkitGTK alone.
  • A hackfest with more people is more than a hackfest; it's a summit.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will keep talking with them, and reach a conclusion.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Juanjo was not present, we will ask him for an update at the next meeting.
  • Javi was included on p.g.o, he plans to blog.

GNOME 3.4 Planning

  • Feature proposal is opened.
  • It would be good to propose some kind of a11y-related feature.
  • ACTION: a11y team should start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.
  • Regarding the magnifier:
    • It is desirable to push for (1) brightness and contrast effects, (2) focus tracking, and (3) zoom options preferences dialog.
    • wrt (1), Joseph is investigating various brightness and contrast calculations to justify the use of the algorithms in the code he wrote.
    • wrt (2), Joseph needs to start on that (and needs to find the time).
    • wrt (3), the zoom options code is committed, but the triggering button is disabled and invisible. The ui people want refinements to the zoom options UI.

Quarterly Reports

  • Piñeiro stated that a mail asking for Q2 reports was sent.
  • He is still not sure about the specific deadline.
  • The Accessibility Team members still needs to write their reports.
  • ACTION: Piñeiro will send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.

GNOME 3.2 Post Mortem

  • There is a ISO to test GNOME 3.2.
  • It would be good if some people test integration, interaction, tools and performance.

  • Firefox a11y is not working on the GNOME 3.2 ISO
  • Javi will make some investigations about this issue, but more people should do that as well.

Action Items


  • Piñeiro:
    • Keep talking with the WebKitGtk hackfest organizers about a concurrent ATK/AT-SPI hackfest, and reach a conclusion.

    • Send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.
  • Team:
    • Start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team:
    • If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
    • Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
    • Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
    • Add the DOTS introspection porting to her to-do list.
    • Try to find Fer and see if he wants a co-maintainer or two for DOTS.
    • Keep investigating the present state of Dasher and follow up with Patrick.
    • Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Start planning the a11y FoG campaign

    • Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors

Accessibility/Minutes/20111006 (last edited 2011-10-08 15:03:46 by JoanmarieDiggs)