- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:35:55 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 15:35:36 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (158)
- Joseph - clown (54)
- Javi - jhernandez|eee (34)
- Ale - aleiva (26)
- Mike - mgorse (5)
Piñeiro started to talk with WebkitGtk organizers.
- The main concern is how much the attendance will grow. Right now it is estimated about 16-17 people for WebkitGTK alone.
- A hackfest with more people is more than a hackfest; it's a summit.
- ACTION: Piñeiro will keep talking with them, and reach a conclusion.
Marketing and Fundraising
- Juanjo was not present, we will ask him for an update at the next meeting.
- Javi was included on p.g.o, he plans to blog.
GNOME 3.4 Planning
- Feature proposal is opened.
- It would be good to propose some kind of a11y-related feature.
- ACTION: a11y team should start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.
- Regarding the magnifier:
- It is desirable to push for (1) brightness and contrast effects, (2) focus tracking, and (3) zoom options preferences dialog.
- wrt (1), Joseph is investigating various brightness and contrast calculations to justify the use of the algorithms in the code he wrote.
- wrt (2), Joseph needs to start on that (and needs to find the time).
- wrt (3), the zoom options code is committed, but the triggering button is disabled and invisible. The ui people want refinements to the zoom options UI.
- Piñeiro stated that a mail asking for Q2 reports was sent.
- He is still not sure about the specific deadline.
- The Accessibility Team members still needs to write their reports.
- ACTION: Piñeiro will send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.
GNOME 3.2 Post Mortem
- There is a ISO to test GNOME 3.2.
- It would be good if some people test integration, interaction, tools and performance.
- Firefox a11y is not working on the GNOME 3.2 ISO
- Javi will make some investigations about this issue, but more people should do that as well.
Keep talking with the WebKitGtk hackfest organizers about a concurrent ATK/AT-SPI hackfest, and reach a conclusion.
- Send a reminder to a11y list about submitting information for the next quarterly report.
- Start to think about what we should propose for new accessibility-related features.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
- Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
- Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Check with Piñeiro to see if remote attending of the proposed ATK/AT-SPI hackfest is a possibility.
- Add the DOTS introspection porting to her to-do list.
- Try to find Fer and see if he wants a co-maintainer or two for DOTS.
- Keep investigating the present state of Dasher and follow up with Patrick.
- Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
Start planning the a11y FoG campaign
- Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors