- Meeting started by API at 14:36:31 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 15:38:36 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (120)
- Joanie - joanie (98)
- Javi - jhernandez (48)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (32)
- Joseph - clown (28)
- Brian - bnitz (9)
- Ale - aleiva (4)
Marketing and Fundraising
- A monthish ago Joanie sent a message to the gnome-accessibility-list pointing out that call for papers was about to open.
- At team meetings around that same time, the conclusion was made that we would not have a CSUN booth, but instead attempt to send people who were speaking.
- Call for papers is CLOSING 30 September.
- Joanie is *thinking about* submitting something.
- ACTION: Joanie will send a ping to folks via the mailing list about the closing of call for papers for CSUN 2012.
- Juanjo is waiting for completed info about the "ATK/AT-SPI Scripting and automation tool" goal.
- Joanie is concerned about the team spending their very finite time and resources writing proposals for an FoG which might never happen.
- Joanie feels, therefore, that it is essential for us to know *in general* what the GNOME community and GNOME Marketing Team plan to do with respect to FoG campaigns.
- If GNOME has indeed not given up on FoG campaigns in general, the Accessibility Team will prioritize providing additional proposals.
- ACTION: Juanjo will ask to the marketing team about the plans for FoG campaings.
Plans regarding social networking tools, etc.
- Juanjo will manage the social account and the a11y team will provide him cool stuff from time to time.
- For the moment, the a11y team will not create a specific a11y planet. Being more post-verbose and being included on p.g.o
- should be enough.
- Still, some people think that a planet a11y could be interesting.
GNOME 3.4 Planning
Accerciser's plans regarding iPython 0.11/0.12
- Accerciser is affected by the upcoming ipython 0.12, because it is not API compatible.
- jhernandez is planning on to port the ipython plugin for to use the new ipython API.
- Some of the changes which break Accerciser's ipython console appear in ipython version 0.11. As a result, Accerciser's ipython console will not function beginning with Fedora 16.
- For next meeting we will continue discussing 3.4 planning.
- Joanie, as a preview of that meeting, would like to talk about adding Dasher and DOTS.
- Send a ping to folks via the mailing list about the closing of call for papers for CSUN 2012.
- Ask the marketing team about the plans for FoG campaigns
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
- Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
- Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
Start planning the a11y FoG campaign
- Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors