- Meeting started by API at 14:36:09 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 15:36:36 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (138)
- Joanie - joanie (70)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (32)
- Joseph - clown (30)
- Ale - aleiva (15)
- Brian - bnitz (4)
- Mike - mgorse (2)
- Javi - jhernandez (1)
Accessibility Team Events
Montreal: Yes or No?
- Last week the conclusion was that we needed to talk with other teams to check how many will be there.
- Piñeiro stated that the release-team meeting is today, and Montreal is likely on the agenda.
- Juanjo said that marketing people are not going to organize anything at/for Montreal.
- Joanie proposes that we (the team) forget about Montreal. But if we need representation last minute she will drive up.
- Joanie further proposes that if we all agree, we announce this to the Board and/or Foundation List.
- ACTION: Joanie will announce the team decision to not attend Montreal to the Board and Foundation List.
Hackfest before/after GUADEC in A Coruña?
- Proposed dates (from bid) were Monday 16th July to Sunday 22nd July, but the GUADEC 2012 dates not yet set in stone as far as Brian is aware.
- Joanie thinks we should plan on an A Coruña team hackfest around the time of GUADEC, with exact dates and topic to be decided later in the year.
- Conclusion: Tentatively the Accessibility team will organize an accessibility hackfest at/around the time of GUADEC.
Do we want something else between now and then?
- Our plan is use the summit as a kind of "see the news" after our atk hackfest.
- As this is really unlikely we will met again face-to-face more than a year after this hackfest, do we want something sooner?
- Conclusion: Team members think that it would be good to have a ATK/AT-SPI2 followup before GUADEC.
- There is no plan yet, but the discussion can continue on the mailing list.
Marketing and Fundraising
- Juanjo reported that accessibility will be included in the GNOME 3.2 Release Notes, with the exact text still pending.
Joseph finished his proposal for a FoG grant
Regarding Bug 656156 (Add lighness, brightness, and contrast effects to clutter):
- E. Bassi reviewed Joseph's patch.
Joseph incorporated his suggestions, and submitted a new patch
- Announce the team decision to not attend Montreal to the Board and Foundation List.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
- Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
- Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
Start planning the a11y FoG campaign
- Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors