Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by API at 14:36:09 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:36:36 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (138)
    • Joanie - joanie (70)
    • Juanjo - jjmarin (32)
    • Joseph - clown (30)
    • Ale - aleiva (15)
    • Brian - bnitz (4)
    • Mike - mgorse (2)
    • Javi - jhernandez (1)
  • Log

Accessibility Team Events

Montreal: Yes or No?

  • Last week the conclusion was that we needed to talk with other teams to check how many will be there.
  • Piñeiro stated that the release-team meeting is today, and Montreal is likely on the agenda.
  • Juanjo said that marketing people are not going to organize anything at/for Montreal.
  • Joanie proposes that we (the team) forget about Montreal. But if we need representation last minute she will drive up.
  • Joanie further proposes that if we all agree, we announce this to the Board and/or Foundation List.
  • ACTION: Joanie will announce the team decision to not attend Montreal to the Board and Foundation List.

Hackfest before/after GUADEC in A Coruña?

  • Proposed dates (from bid) were Monday 16th July to Sunday 22nd July, but the GUADEC 2012 dates not yet set in stone as far as Brian is aware.
  • Joanie thinks we should plan on an A Coruña team hackfest around the time of GUADEC, with exact dates and topic to be decided later in the year.
  • Conclusion: Tentatively the Accessibility team will organize an accessibility hackfest at/around the time of GUADEC.

Do we want something else between now and then?

  • Our plan is use the summit as a kind of "see the news" after our atk hackfest.
  • As this is really unlikely we will met again face-to-face more than a year after this hackfest, do we want something sooner?
  • Conclusion: Team members think that it would be good to have a ATK/AT-SPI2 followup before GUADEC.
  • There is no plan yet, but the discussion can continue on the mailing list.

Marketing and Fundraising

  • Juanjo reported that accessibility will be included in the GNOME 3.2 Release Notes, with the exact text still pending.

Miscellaneous Time

  • Joseph finished his proposal for a FoG grant

  • Regarding Bug 656156 (Add lighness, brightness, and contrast effects to clutter):

    • E. Bassi reviewed Joseph's patch.
    • Joseph incorporated his suggestions, and submitted a new patch

Action Items


  • Joanie:
    • Announce the team decision to not attend Montreal to the Board and Foundation List.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team:
    • If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
    • Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
    • Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Joanie:
    • Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Juanjo:
    • Start planning the a11y FoG campaign

    • Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
    • Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors

Accessibility/Minutes/20110915 (last edited 2011-09-21 16:20:01 by JoanmarieDiggs)