- Meeting started by API at 14:35:28 UTC
- Meeting ended at 15:30:59 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (75)
- Joanie - joanie (68)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (49)
- Ale - aleiva (11)
- Joseph - clown (11)
- Mike - mgorse (9)
- Aline - alibezz (6)
The Summit formerly known as "Boston"
- This year Boston summit will be organized in Montreal.
- A lot of people, including a11y people, attend this event regularly because they live near Boston.
- Heidi, WNEC students, Mike, and Joanie are affected by this change.
- We are not sure if other teams are also affected.
- The big question here if it is worth to go there, unless something real would be organized there.
- Team members should check with any other GNOME teams and/or individuals we would like to meet with (marketing, gtk, ED, Red Hat folks, and so on) in Montreal so that we can determine if its worth attending this event.
Marketing and Fundraising
In the a11y FoG Campaign front we have three goals at different stages
- Peformance Improvements
- GNOME Shell Magnifier track focus and caret
- ATK/AT-SPI Scripting and automation tool
- Team members need to write their section(s) for the release notes.
- Juanjo will ask for the final date for the release notes.
- Piñeiro will ask Alejo, the Igalia intern, to pretty print his current results of his tests.
GNOME 3.2 progress
org.a11y.Bus.IsEnabled is now a readwrite property, not just readonly.
- Write your section of the release notes.
- Check with any other GNOME teams and/or individuals we would like to meet with (marketing, gtk, ED, Red Hat folks, and so on) in Montreal so that we can determine if its worth attending this event.
- Ask Alejo, the Igalia intern, to pretty print his current results of his tests.
- Ask for the final date for the release notes
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
Add items they'd like included in the GNOME release notes to our team's draft page.
- Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
- Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
- Look for the python-gobject testing-distro bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin.
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Spin a new (and possibly the last accessibility-specific) spin of the testing distro once he has the new tarball from Joanie and any other required changes requested by our team.
- Help Juanjo with the proofreading of the release notes.
- Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
Start planning the a11y FoG campaign
- Draft a summary of the release notes after the team has filled in the points they would like to see covered.
- Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors