- Meeting started by API at 14:37:31 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 15:44:01 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (104)
- Joanie - joanie (97)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (39)
- Joseph - clown, clown1 (36)
- Javi - jhernandez (20)
- Mike - mgorse (11)
- Brian - bnitz (4)
Marketing and Fundraising
GNOME Marketing: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing.
Juanjo will start planning the a11y FoG campaign in http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/Marketing/FoG
- Team members who want something funded need to get proposals to Juanjo.
GNOME 3.2 progress
- Joanie committed Orca's introspection port in time for 3.1.90.
- Orca now depends on pygobject 3.1.90 due to recent fixes in it.
- John Palmieri then failed to do a release of pygobject 2.90.3.
- The release team pinged Joanie, also pinged John, and in theory Nacho did a pygobject 2.90.3 release.
- Joanie is well aware of a number of bugs and issues resulting from the introspection work. Some are in Orca, some in Gtk+, some remain to be found.
- Joanie is both optimistic and fearful of getting things out in time for shipping GNOME 3.2, but she'll do her very best.
Piñeiro reported from #release-team that the release of pygobject has been done.
- Javi accomplished accerciser's introspection port for 3.1.90.
- There are some known issues regarding pygobject/gtk/whatever and he is working on them.
- A11y modules are already ported to new pygobject, as far as the a11y team knows.
- Work to migrate to gsettings is really near to be finished.
- GNOME Shell Mag:
- Joanie notes that, for the record, Joseph did tons of work and responded in a timely fashion to feedback provided to him.
- Joseph's feature additions to gs-mag will not be ready for 3.2. These include:
- a gnome-control-center zoom options dialog for the current gs-mag preferences
- inverse video, brightness, and contrast effects for gs-mag.
- New gsettings for those three screen effects (gsettings-desktop-schemas).
- Near the 3.2 deadline, the suggestion was to move the effects to upstream to clutter. Clutter developer is okay with that, but doesn't want to add the classes until October time frame.
- Summary: gs-mag feature improvements missed the 3.2 deadline.
- Release Notes:
Juanjo reminded all a11y members about the need to fill the release notes.
Piñeiro reminded us that the release schedule for the present cycle can be found here: https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointOne
- For the record, Joanie would like it known that she knows exactly where the schedule happens to be but is sleep deprived and has a migraine due to getting the introspection work done. :-P
- If you want something funded as part of the proposed FoG campaign for a11y, get your proposals to Juanjo.
Start planning the a11y FoG campaign
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
Add items they'd like included in the GNOME release notes to our team's draft page.
- Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
- Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
- Check how Mike's change improves desktop performance (i.e. with a11y on and no AT listening).
- Look for the python-gobject testing-distro bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin.
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Spin a new (and possibly the last accessibility-specific) spin of the testing distro once he has the new tarball from Joanie and any other required changes requested by our team.
- Help Juanjo with the proofreading of the release notes.
- Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
- Draft a summary of the release notes after the team has filled in the points they would like to see covered.
- Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors