- Meeting started by API at 14:36:18 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 15:48:03 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (130)
- Joanie - joanie (65)
- Juanjo - jjmarin (59)
- Aline - alibezz (23)
- Joseph - clown (20)
- Mike - mgorse (17)
- Frederik - fregl (7)
- Javi - jhernandez|eee (6)
- Penelope - Pendulum (5)
- Andre - andre_ (3)
gobject-introspection and related issues
- When 3.1.90 goes out, there will be two versions of pygobject: 2.28.6 will *not* use introspection. 2.90.x *will* use introspection. And the two versions can co-exist.
- Related with this change, any application which attempts to import pyatspi cannot import gtk via static bindings.
- This doesn't impact most applications, but it definitely impacts Orca and Accerciser because they need to import both pyatspi and gtk.
- Joanie made it an agenda item just in case there are others impacted by this change whom she forgot about.
- Joanie and Javi are actively working on their introspection ports now and plan to be done for 3.2.
- The port to gobject-introspection is blocked by a few segfaults in pygobject from master.
- John Palmieri and Mike are working on providing patches for these bugs.
Marketing and Fundraising
Friends of GNOME (FoG) Campaign for Accessibility
- This is now a possibility under consideration.
- Juanjo has begun coordinating with the marketing team.
- In response, Karen Sandler asked for end-oriented, specific goals for an accessibility FoG campaign.
- Juanjo mentioned hackfests, CSUN and other conferences.
- Joanie suggested that this opportunity should support development as well.
- The creation of a brochure for fundraising was also suggested to us.
3.2 Release Notes
- André Klapper asked for a11y achievements to be included in the 3.2 release notes.
ACTION: Team members should add items they'd like included in the GNOME release notes to our team's draft page.
- ACTION: Juanjo will then draft a summary for the GNOME release notes.
- ACTION: Joanie will help with proofreading, etc. of the release notes summary.
List of a11y devices compatibles with GNOME
- This has been suggested/requested as part of the creation of a marketing brochure.
- ACTION: Team members who know about particular hardware types should get this information to Juanjo.
- ACTION: Joanie will generate content about braille displays for Juanjo.
- The idea of documenting shared parts of core a11y libs in one single place, for consistency, was discussed.
- The consensus is that it's hard to think about it in a short term, because most a11y libs are not synced as they should ideally be.
- Also, the libatspi documentation was updated with some of Aline's patches.
The CSUN call for proposals officially came out a few hours ago. Anyone wishing to present a paper at CSUN should start drafting.
Mike implemented org.a11y.Status.IsEnabled into the bus launcher. Currently it can be read but not written. Writing is still TODO.
- Mike is Frederik's hero.
Add items they'd like included in the GNOME release notes to our team's draft page.
- Provide information to Juanjo about assistive/alternative hardware types which GNOME supports.
- Draft a summary of the release notes after the team has filled in the points they would like to see covered.
- Help Juanjo with the proofreading of the release notes.
- Provide Juanjo with information on refreshable braille displays.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Comment on the mailing list thread with their thoughts on the Collection interface(s)
- Check how Mike's change improves desktop performance (i.e. with a11y on and no AT listening).
- Look for the python-gobject testing-distro bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin.
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Spin a new (and possibly the last accessibility-specific) spin of the testing distro once he has the new tarball from Joanie and any other required changes requested by our team.
- Investigate wxWidgets' internals and how it uses Gtk+
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Modify libatspi to fill in the index when possible (ie, when it has the child cached, which it will not for trees with MANAGES_DESCENDANTS for instance)
Update the AtkObject:children-changed documentation, as this could be also used on ATK implementors