Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:35:26 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:40:17 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (162)
    • Joanie - joanie (67)
    • Joseph - clown (26)
    • Fernando - fer_ (20)
    • Javi - jhernandez|eee (12)
    • Mike - mgorse (9)
  • Log

Q2 quarterly reports


  • Some weeks ago Eitan sent a mail to the list about CSUN. Now we need to decide if having a GNOME booth at CSUN 2012 makes sense.

  • According to Piñeiro, David Bolter reported that next year Mozilla will probably not get a Firefox booth. Fer added David's tweet as confirmation.

  • Joanie's feeling is that we should only fund people who have approved talks.
  • Speaker registration is approximately $400.
  • Piñeiro thinks that although there are a lot of "code stuff" to do it is still important to market GNOME i.e. to get more funds.
  • Piñeiro thinks that it would be interesting to at least send a speaker there, but is not sure not sure if it is worth the "full package" 2 speakers + booth.
  • After discussion during the meeting, the general feeling is that a exclusive GNOME booth it is not worth it.
  • Fernando Herrera mentioned the possibility of a shared open source booth still needs to be discussed, but is not really clear.

Desktop Summit BoF

  • Piñeiro still needs to send a mail to check if people attending the Desktop Summit are interested in an a11y BoF.

GNOME 3.2 progress

  • Joanie believes introspection for Orca (and Accerciser) still depends on John Palmieri merging a fix into pygobject master.
  • Ale is supposed to be making progress on the Orca GUI work.
  • Mike proposed a (rather ugly) patch to get gnome-terminal working again and is working on making atk-bridge able to be unloaded.
  • ACTION: Joseph will update the GNOME Shell Magnifier section of the gnome-a11y 3.2 issues page.

Miscellaneous Time

  • Joanie recently did a complete team wiki overhaul, removing cruft and reorganizing pages. Hopefully everything can still be found (i.e. fixed broken links, etc.). Joanie still needs to do the same for the "GAP" pages.

Action Items


  • Joanie:
    • Work with Piñeiro to fill in the hackfest details for the Q2's.
  • Joseph:
    • Update the GNOME Shell Magnifier section of the gnome-a11y 3.2 issues page.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team:
    • Check how Mike's change improves desktop performance (i.e. with a11y on and no AT listening).
  • Ale:
    • Talk with the Desktop Summit organizers regarding having an a11y BoF.
    • Look for the python-gobject testing-distro bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin.
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Javi:
    • Spin a new (and possibly the last accessibility-specific) spin of the testing distro once he has the new tarball from Joanie and any other required changes requested by our team.
  • Joanie:
    • Investigate what other resources we have/can draw upon to achieve the desktop performance testing work.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Send a mail to people who might be interested in an a11y BoF at the Desktop Summit.

Accessibility/Minutes/20110721 (last edited 2011-07-27 15:47:35 by JoanmarieDiggs)