- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:35:32 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 15:33:36 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (124)
- Joanie - joanie (72)
- Ale - aleiva (62)
- Joseph - clown (52)
- Mike - mgorse (9)
- Fernando - fer (5)
- Aline - alibezz (5)
- Frederik - fregl (1)
Q2 quarterly reports
- Emily Chen sent a mail asking us to fill the q2 quarterly report.
We've started a skeleton page which team members should fill out.
- Reports are due to the Board by 28 July.
- Joanie would like to have them sooner as she will need to write the summary and Piñeiro will need to review that summary.
- Joseph proposed a due date of 20 July. Joanie feels that would be ideal.
Gail integration into Gtk+
- Joanie did some regression testing of the gail integation into gtk+.
Most things didn't break; some things which were broken have already been fixed; the reamining issues are on our "Gailectomy" page.
- Team members other than Joanie should also be testing as the changes in question are pretty significant.
- The Gailectomy page should include both those things which have broken in Gtk+ and also those things in other Gtk+ apps which broke as a side effect (e.g. custom implementations).
GNOME 3.2 progress
- Piñeiro reviewed some of Mike's ATK patches. Some Some were accepted, but some are still pending.
- Piñeiro also still needs to go back to those gnome-shell bugs (stbutton) and a small orca bug (toolkit name change).
- Mike fixed a couple of AT-SPI bugs that Joanie found.
Bastien N. did a UI review of Joseph's proposed Zoom Options dialog -- gnome-control-center / Universal Access.
- Joseph will work on a response in the coming week.
- Ale will review and draft the implementation of the new Orca GUI before the next meeting.
- In relation with the performance:
- Piñeiro asked Fer which tool he used to test performance with and without a11y some years ago.
- Fer said that he used sysprof.
We can add that tool to the list of valgrind and the specific gnome-shell performance measurement framework
- Desktop Summit:
- Ale ask if there will be a workshop or BoF at the desktop summit.
- Piñeiro was not sure about who would be attending. But given who is expected (Ale, Javi, Juanje, Frederik, Matthias, Benjamin, Fer, himself), Piñeiro concluded it would make sense to have a workshop or BoF.
- Ale observed that we are out of the official due date, but we can try it.
- Piñeiro will send a mail to people who might be interested in an a11y BoF at the Desktop Summit.
- Ale will try to talk with the desktop summit organizers.
Ale created a wiki page for the a11y workshop/BoF. People planning on attending should add their name to that page.
- Testing Distro:
- Joseph found a problem with python-gobject in the a11y-distro.
- Ale had the same problem with his installation.
- Ale is going to look for the bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin of the a11y-distro.
- Jospeh found no such problem in the previous (4.0.2) spin of the a11y-distro.
- Talk with the Desktop Summit organizers regarding having an a11y BoF.
- Look for the python-gobject testing-distro bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin.
- Work on a response to Bastien's UI review.
- Send a mail to people who might be interested in an a11y BoF at the Desktop Summit.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Check how Mike's change improves desktop performance (i.e. with a11y on and no AT listening).
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Spin a new (and possibly the last accessibility-specific) spin of the testing distro once he has the new tarball from Joanie and any other required changes requested by our team.
- Investigate what other resources we have/can draw upon to achieve the desktop performance testing work.
- File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
- Review the documentation page.