Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:35:32 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:33:36 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (124)
    • Joanie - joanie (72)
    • Ale - aleiva (62)
    • Joseph - clown (52)
    • Mike - mgorse (9)
    • Fernando - fer (5)
    • Aline - alibezz (5)
    • Frederik - fregl (1)
  • Log

Q2 quarterly reports

  • Emily Chen sent a mail asking us to fill the q2 quarterly report.
  • We've started a skeleton page which team members should fill out.

  • Reports are due to the Board by 28 July.
  • Joanie would like to have them sooner as she will need to write the summary and Piñeiro will need to review that summary.
  • Joseph proposed a due date of 20 July. Joanie feels that would be ideal.

Gail integration into Gtk+

  • Joanie did some regression testing of the gail integation into gtk+.
  • Most things didn't break; some things which were broken have already been fixed; the reamining issues are on our "Gailectomy" page.

  • Team members other than Joanie should also be testing as the changes in question are pretty significant.
  • The Gailectomy page should include both those things which have broken in Gtk+ and also those things in other Gtk+ apps which broke as a side effect (e.g. custom implementations).

GNOME 3.2 progress

  • Piñeiro reviewed some of Mike's ATK patches. Some Some were accepted, but some are still pending.
  • Piñeiro also still needs to go back to those gnome-shell bugs (stbutton) and a small orca bug (toolkit name change).
  • Mike fixed a couple of AT-SPI bugs that Joanie found.
  • Bastien N. did a UI review of Joseph's proposed Zoom Options dialog -- gnome-control-center / Universal Access.

  • Joseph will work on a response in the coming week.
  • Ale will review and draft the implementation of the new Orca GUI before the next meeting.

Miscellaneous Time

  • In relation with the performance:
    • Piñeiro asked Fer which tool he used to test performance with and without a11y some years ago.
    • Fer said that he used sysprof.
    • We can add that tool to the list of valgrind and the specific gnome-shell performance measurement framework

  • Desktop Summit:
    • Ale ask if there will be a workshop or BoF at the desktop summit.
    • Piñeiro was not sure about who would be attending. But given who is expected (Ale, Javi, Juanje, Frederik, Matthias, Benjamin, Fer, himself), Piñeiro concluded it would make sense to have a workshop or BoF.
    • Ale observed that we are out of the official due date, but we can try it.
    • Piñeiro will send a mail to people who might be interested in an a11y BoF at the Desktop Summit.
    • Ale will try to talk with the desktop summit organizers.
    • Ale created a wiki page for the a11y workshop/BoF. People planning on attending should add their name to that page.

  • Testing Distro:
    • Joseph found a problem with python-gobject in the a11y-distro.
    • Ale had the same problem with his installation.
    • Ale is going to look for the bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin of the a11y-distro.
    • Jospeh found no such problem in the previous (4.0.2) spin of the a11y-distro.

Action Items


  • Ale:
    • Talk with the Desktop Summit organizers regarding having an a11y BoF.
    • Look for the python-gobject testing-distro bug and talk with jhernandez to try to fix it and create a new spin.
  • Joseph:
    • Work on a response to Bastien's UI review.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Send a mail to people who might be interested in an a11y BoF at the Desktop Summit.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Team:
    • Check how Mike's change improves desktop performance (i.e. with a11y on and no AT listening).
  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Javi:
    • Spin a new (and possibly the last accessibility-specific) spin of the testing distro once he has the new tarball from Joanie and any other required changes requested by our team.
  • Joanie:
    • Investigate what other resources we have/can draw upon to achieve the desktop performance testing work.
  • Joseph:
    • Explore the JavaScript Atspi import further to see how much is available.

  • Mike:
    • File a bug regarding GAIL treeview children / children-changed signals, attach a patch, and call for testers.
  • Piñeiro:
    • Review the documentation page.

Accessibility/Minutes/20110714 (last edited 2011-07-20 09:31:27 by JoanmarieDiggs)