Meeting Summary

  • Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:34:10 UTC.
  • Meeting ended at 15:32:59 UTC.
  • Participants (Lines Said):
    • Piñeiro - API (112)
    • Joanie - joanie (80)
    • Joseph - clown (46)
    • Ale - aleiva (34)
    • Aline - alibezz (23)
    • Mike - mgorse (2)
  • Log

Mailing List Discussion - Follow-Up

  • Piñeiro sent the minutes to release-team mailing list, but received no feedback.
  • Piñeiro sent a mail to Li, Matthias and Benjamin about gail-to-gtk plans towards 3.2.
  • There was no answer from Li. But Matthias answered with a plan.

  • In general people agree with most steps of that plan, except #6 that can be controversial. See Piñeiro's follow-up.

  • Ale reported that Javi is going to discuss with Frederic Crozat and Frederic Peters about how to make our proposed iso.
  • In the meantime, Javi can do a new spin of the testing distro using Joseph's patches for a problem he found.
  • Joseph mentioned that Javi has said he wants to test it further, specifcally the use of pygi.

Quarterly Reports

  • The Powers That Be have decided that quarterlies do matter and must be done.
  • Joanie and Piñeiro have discussed if there might be a better, more efficient way to get our reports out.
  • Joanie and Piñeiro came up with the following idea: We provide a skeleton, team fills it in, we summarize. Reports done.
  • The template lives here:

  • Joanie already made a couple of entries, but we need the details from the rest of the team. Assuming, of course, the team agrees with this new approach to quarterlies.
  • Normally the team putting together the GNOME quarterlies specifies the target due date on the page. The current Q1 page seems to lack this date, however.

  • Last (Q4) quarterly report's planning page, is here.

Plugin Possibilities for Accerciser

  • Aline is looking for plugin ideas for Accerciser. If anyone has an idea, please ping her in #a11y.
  • Aline already found some doc about write plugins, and adapted it.
  • The mallardized topic-based version of Accerciser docs is almost done and should be released with the next Accerciser release.

Action Items - What's Done, What Needs Doing, What Is Obsolete?

  • The majority of the current "New" action items have been completed by Joanie and Piñeiro.
  • Of the "ongoing ones": We need to ping Brian about his testing proposal.
  • Very preliminary looking into JS binding to libatspi revealed little. Joseph will do a more thorough investigation in the coming week.
  • Piñeiro and Joanie are working on (and hopefully almost done with) the ATK Hackfest prioritization -- or rather the draft thereof for the team's consideration.
  • Piñeiro contacted Dan Winship. The keyboard work will be done by another gsoc internship, but still no details about themes.
  • Ale is working on the Orca Summit blog entry.

Miscellaneous Time

  • Joseph and Joanie met with the gnome design team in the gnome-design chat room to discuss control center's zoom options dialog. Most of the time was spent discussing the crosshairs preferences and how to simplify them. Result: Not much can be simplified, but there was a proposal about cross hair colour, which Joseph is consulting about with his coworker. The zoom options dialog proposal is available on 643086.

  • Joanie had a great conversation with Allan Day about some of the past issues between the design team and the a11y team. She will try to remain present in #gnome-design and further our new, hopefully really positive, relation between our teams.

Action Items


  • Joanie:
    • Ping Brian and Javi about their action items.
    • Update the action-item list.
    • Draft the summary Q1 report for the team once they have filled out the skeleton.

Ongoing / Rolled-Over

  • Brian:
    • Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
    • Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
  • Mike:
    • Modify atk-bridge not to listen for atk signals and send out events unless an AT is listening. (This will likely involve modifying at-spi2-core as well, to add a way of tracking active ATs.)
  • Javi:
    • Investigate Matthias' statement that when he tries to run Accerciser in jhbuild on his system, it "locks up solid after a few minutes every single time."
  • Joseph:
    • Investigate if it is feasible to call libatspi using javascript (ie: on gnome-shell)
  • Piñeiro:
    • Work with Joanie on prioritizing the tasks identified during the ATK hackfest.
    • Review the documentation page.

Accessibility/Minutes/20110609 (last edited 2011-06-15 10:43:57 by JoanmarieDiggs)