- Meeting started by Piñeiro at 14:34:10 UTC.
- Meeting ended at 15:32:59 UTC.
- Participants (Lines Said):
- Piñeiro - API (112)
- Joanie - joanie (80)
- Joseph - clown (46)
- Ale - aleiva (34)
- Aline - alibezz (23)
- Mike - mgorse (2)
Mailing List Discussion - Follow-Up
- Piñeiro sent the minutes to release-team mailing list, but received no feedback.
- Piñeiro sent a mail to Li, Matthias and Benjamin about gail-to-gtk plans towards 3.2.
There was no answer from Li. But Matthias answered with a plan.
In general people agree with most steps of that plan, except #6 that can be controversial. See Piñeiro's follow-up.
- Ale reported that Javi is going to discuss with Frederic Crozat and Frederic Peters about how to make our proposed iso.
- In the meantime, Javi can do a new spin of the testing distro using Joseph's patches for a problem he found.
- Joseph mentioned that Javi has said he wants to test it further, specifcally the use of pygi.
- The Powers That Be have decided that quarterlies do matter and must be done.
- Joanie and Piñeiro have discussed if there might be a better, more efficient way to get our reports out.
- Joanie and Piñeiro came up with the following idea: We provide a skeleton, team fills it in, we summarize. Reports done.
The template lives here: https://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/QuarterlyReports/2011/Q1
- Joanie already made a couple of entries, but we need the details from the rest of the team. Assuming, of course, the team agrees with this new approach to quarterlies.
Normally the team putting together the GNOME quarterlies specifies the target due date on the page. The current Q1 page seems to lack this date, however.
Last (Q4) quarterly report's planning page, is here.
Plugin Possibilities for Accerciser
- Aline is looking for plugin ideas for Accerciser. If anyone has an idea, please ping her in #a11y.
- Aline already found some doc about write plugins, and adapted it.
- The mallardized topic-based version of Accerciser docs is almost done and should be released with the next Accerciser release.
Action Items - What's Done, What Needs Doing, What Is Obsolete?
- The majority of the current "New" action items have been completed by Joanie and Piñeiro.
- Of the "ongoing ones": We need to ping Brian about his testing proposal.
- Very preliminary looking into JS binding to libatspi revealed little. Joseph will do a more thorough investigation in the coming week.
- Piñeiro and Joanie are working on (and hopefully almost done with) the ATK Hackfest prioritization -- or rather the draft thereof for the team's consideration.
- Piñeiro contacted Dan Winship. The keyboard work will be done by another gsoc internship, but still no details about themes.
- Ale is working on the Orca Summit blog entry.
Joseph and Joanie met with the gnome design team in the gnome-design chat room to discuss control center's zoom options dialog. Most of the time was spent discussing the crosshairs preferences and how to simplify them. Result: Not much can be simplified, but there was a proposal about cross hair colour, which Joseph is consulting about with his coworker. The zoom options dialog proposal is available on 643086.
- Joanie had a great conversation with Allan Day about some of the past issues between the design team and the a11y team. She will try to remain present in #gnome-design and further our new, hopefully really positive, relation between our teams.
Fill out the skeleton quarterly report available.
- Ping Brian and Javi about their action items.
- Update the action-item list.
- Draft the summary Q1 report for the team once they have filled out the skeleton.
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design.
- Announce his Mago tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list, and also create a README and INSTALL.
- Modify atk-bridge not to listen for atk signals and send out events unless an AT is listening. (This will likely involve modifying at-spi2-core as well, to add a way of tracking active ATs.)
- Investigate Matthias' statement that when he tries to run Accerciser in jhbuild on his system, it "locks up solid after a few minutes every single time."
- Work with Joanie on prioritizing the tasks identified during the ATK hackfest.
- Review the documentation page.