People Present (lines said)
- joanie (118)
- aleiva (27)
- jhernandez|eee (18)
- bnitz (9)
- alibezz (9)
GNOME 3.2 Progress
- About Accerciser's introspection work, Javi has not had enough time to continue with the migration, but it is in progress (jhernandez|eee, 14:38:20)
- About Accerciser's gsettings migration, Javi has created a gschema (jhernandez|eee, 14:39:19)
- The first 'usable' version of Accerciser for GNOME 3 could be in 2-3 weeks (jhernandez|eee, 14:42:11)
- Aline is going to be working on the Accerciser documentation (joanie, 14:42:59)
- Jose, a UX designer from Emergya, is working on a new redesign of Orca interface (aleiva, 14:46:44)
- We're thinking about using our new d-bus based config system in the new UI (aleiva, 14:48:19)
- Piñeiro has been making progress on solving the remaining gnome-shell accessibility bugs, Dan has been reviewing Piñeiro's patches, and some have been committed (joanie, 14:51:29)
- Leon from Oracle is working on the Java ATK Wrapper bugs (joanie, 14:53:08)
- The Orca team is still waiting for gnome-shell mag to have caret and focus tracking (joanie, 14:54:36)
Joanie is about to resume working on the WebKitGtk support (joanie, 14:54:46)
Should all 'core' a11y modules have a minimum of two maintainers?
- Joanie thinks that in order to avoid issues of 'bus factor' and to provide timely responses to members of the release team, etc. All official/core GNOME a11y team apps should have two maintainers (joanie, 14:58:42)
- Joanie, Aline, Javi, and Ale agree that we should have a policy of a minimum of two maintainers for every *core*/*official* gnome a11y module (joanie, 15:04:54)
- Pending Brian's feedback/reaction, Javi is willing to be the Accerciser co-maintainer (joanie, 15:06:13)
- ACTION: Joanie will ping Brian about Javi as a co-maintainer (joanie, 15:06:29)
- ACTION: Joanie will ping Li about having Piñeiro as a co-maintainer (joanie, 15:06:43)
- ACTION: Joanie will ping Eitan to see about finding a co-maintainer for Caribou (joanie, 15:06:59)
- Brian is happy to have a co-maintainer (joanie, 15:08:41)
Other AT Modules
- Joanie and Piñeiro have been contacting the module maintainers for things which used to be part of GNOME a11y but were dropped (joanie, 15:12:49)
These dropped modules include Dasher and gnome-voice-control, along with MouseTrap/OpenGazer and the alternative Vedics (joanie, 15:13:23)
- Patrick Welche has been doing quite a bit of work on Dasher and Piñeiro and Joanie will seek its reinstatement as an official GNOME app (joanie, 15:13:59)
gnome-voice-control has no interest in moving forward. See https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/festlang-gvc/2011-May/000079.html (joanie, 15:15:02)
- Piñeiro has contacted the developer which the Consorcio Fernando de los Ríos contracted with to improve g-v-c (joanie, 15:15:36)
- Piñeiro has contacted the Vedics developer to see what that team's plans are for converting away from CSPI. (They are migrating to python and pyatspi2) (joanie, 15:16:23)
Joanie also pinged Bryen re VizAudio but has not heard back from him (joanie, 15:18:50)
We are waiting to hear back from the OpenGazer team. We heard back from Flavio about MouseTrap but it's not clear how much involvement/contribution time he can make at the moment, though he is interested. (joanie, 15:19:44)
- (Nothing discussed)
Summary of Action Items
- Joanie will ping Brian about Javi as a co-maintainer
- Joanie will ping Li about having Piñeiro as a co-maintainer
- Joanie will ping Eitan to see about finding a co-maintainer for Caribou
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- The team needs to classify the tasks identified during the ATK hackfest in short-medium-long term and prioritize each
- The team need to prioritize the Accerciser plugins for GNOME 3 migration work
- Piñeiro will contact dan to know if he is planning to work on other a11y tasks, like themes
- Brian will send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design
- Ale will write something up about the "Orca summit"
- Team members should update their tarballs for the Testing Distro
- Piñeiro will review the documentation page.
Team members need to add (appropriate) items to the 3.2 pages.
- Javi will do the work needed in Accerciser to move from gconf to gsettings, and from pygtk to introspection.
- Regarding Brian's Mago testing framework:
- Brian will announce his tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list.
- Brian will create a README and an INSTALL for his tests.
Joanie will keep LibreOffice and working with that community on her list.