People Present (lines said)
- API (210)
- joanie (47)
- jhernandez (34)
- bnitz (19)
- aleiva (18)
- clown (16)
- fer (4)
- mgorse (1)
- fbotelho (1)
ATK Hackfest Summary
https://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/ATK2011/Agenda (API, 14:38:14)
- The atk/at-spi2 hackfest were really productive (API, 14:48:25)
- But it was more about defining tasks than development (API, 14:48:38)
- We need to classify those tasks in short-medium-long term and prioritize (API, 14:49:03)
- This also include other a11y tasks like the gail-to-gtk move (API, 14:49:27)
Accerciser GNOME 3 modifications
- Javi is working on the pygtk migration (API, 15:08:57)
- Work right now is somewhat blocked due the plugins (API, 15:09:09)
- We need to prioritize the plugins (API, 15:09:25)
- Some of them were already discussed at the meeting (API, 15:09:41)
- All atk-related patches on gnome-shell were applied (API, 15:16:15)
- Piñeiro hopes to do something during his holidays, not sure what would happen after than (API, 15:16:49)
- Piñeiro will contact dan to know if he is planning to work on other a11y tasks, like themes (API, 15:17:09)
- There is not planned any improvement on gnome-shell status for GNOME 3.0.2 (API, 15:17:29)
- On the last release-team meeting we also talked about accessibility (API, 15:21:09)
- Matthias clasen is still working on the gail-to-gtk port (API, 15:21:25)
- For the moment they remove the Accessibility section from the features page (API, 15:23:07)
- Brian proposed that a testing centered design would help on the accessibility framework (API, 15:36:55)
- People lack a lot of background (API, 15:37:14)
- Brian will send a mail summarizing his proposal (API, 15:37:27)
- Joanie and Ale and Javi are working on Seville on a kind of Orca summit (API, 15:37:52)
- Ale will write something up about it soon (API, 15:38:24)
- Joseph Uploaded new patch for zoom options control panel. (clown, 15:38:50)
Summary of Action Items
- The team needs to classify the tasks identified during the ATK hackfest in short-medium-long term and prioritize each
- The team need to prioritize the Accerciser plugins for GNOME 3 migration work
- Piñeiro will contact dan to know if he is planning to work on other a11y tasks, like themes
- Brian will send a mail summarizing his proposal regarding a testing-centered design
- Ale will write something up about the "Orca summit"
Ongoing / Rolled-Over
- Team members should update their tarballs for the Testing Distro
- Piñeiro will review the documentation page.
Team members need to add (appropriate) items to the 3.2 pages.
- Javi will do the work needed in Accerciser to move from gconf to gsettings, and from pygtk to introspection.
- Regarding Brian's Mago testing framework:
- Brian will announce his tests on the gnome-accessibility-devel list.
- Brian will create a README and an INSTALL for his tests.
Joanie will keep LibreOffice and working with that community on her list.