- Problems with a mixed old binding/new (gobject introspection based) bindings due last changes on at-spi2-core
- GNOME 3.0
- Upcoming Events
- Atk Hackfest
- Brian Nitz, Daniel, Frederik (KDE), Joanie, Joseph, Mario, Piñeiro, Trev, Mike
Problems with a mixed old binding/new (gobject introspection based) bindings due last changes on at-spi2-core
- at-spi2-core/atk has moved to gobject introspection
- Piñeiro (and others) are now having problems with Orca and Accerciser because they still use the old bindings:
- Certain settings cannot be accessed in Orca.
- Accerciser crashes.
- Brian reported that he does not have a schedule for migrating to gobject introspection in Accerciser because the two OSes he works in are not ready yet.
- Joanie reported that the Orca team is working on a solution to work in both (pygtk+gtk2 and pygi+gtk3) environments:
- Ubuntu (and other distros) are currently still using at-spi rather than at-spi2.
- The user community includes many who use the latest Orca with earlier versions of GNOME.
- Modules need to decide if they will continue to support pygtk and gtk2 in addition to pygi and gtk3. Doing so is a non-trivial amount of work.
- Atk Hackfest:
- Piñeiro reported that Mark had told him he would likely not be able to attend.
- Joanie reported that most people had responded to the emails she had send out with the proposed dates, Mark and Malte being the two exceptions.
- Brian doesn't think he will be able to attend.
- Joanie asked if we can count on the proposed dates (9-15 May) for purchasing flights.
- Mario and Piñeiro thought those dates would be fine for Igalia.
- Joanie asked that we get an official confirmation from Igalia.
- Mario agreed to send an email internally and did so during the meeting.
- Attendees from our team include: Mario, Piñeiro, Ale, and Daniel.
- Joanie thinks that Fer said he would attend as well.
- Attendees from our team include: Bryen and Eitan. Li and Ale are believed to also be attending.
- Joanie is going to present at a panel, but not staying for the conference before or beyond that.
- Joanie will ping Eric S. and Malte about the Atk hackfest.
Atk hackfest attendees should confirm by adding themselves to the table on the hackfest page.
- Piñeiro will announce on the a11y mailing list the dates of the hackfest, and update the wiki to reflect the dates are no longer tentative.
- CSUN conference attendees seeking funding should apply to the Travel Committee now.
- Piñeiro and Joanie did not complete all of their action items from last week, namely pinging people to update their sections of the GNOME 3 page.
- Joanie will 'roll over' those action items for this week.
Getting Membership on the Release Team
- Joanie thinks we should have someone from our team sitting on the Release Team and proposed it be Piñeiro.
- Joanie added that we should probably look toward after GNOME 3.0 for this to take place.
- Mike observed that this has been unofficially discussed in the past, but nothing became of it. He said one of us needs to volunteer.
Daniel announced that ONCE has given an a11y prize via CUSL: http://concursosoftwarelibre.org/1011/patrocinio-fundacion-once
- Daniel is involved in CUSL and suggested that if anyone were interested in giving a talk at the CUSL final event, he could help.
- The event will be in mid-May in Granada.
Summary of Action Items
- Joanie will ping Eric S. and Malte to see if someone from the OOo a11y team can attend the Atk hackfest in May.
Atk hackfest attendees should add themselves to the table on the hackfest page.
- Piñeiro will announce on the a11y mailing list the dates of the Atk hackfest, and update the wiki to reflect the dates are no longer tentative.
- CSUN attendees who will need funding should apply to the Travel Committee now.
- Joanie and Piñeiro will email the maintainers whose updates are still required (Accerciser, AccessX-Status applet, Caribou, Dasher, gnome-mag, gdm)
- Thursday, 3 February, at 07:00 UTC in #a11y-meeting on irc.gnome.org