Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of December 2nd, 2010
- When: Thursday, December 2nd, 15:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
- It is on the Accerciser and Orca to-do lists, but there are not immediate plans to work on this, to Piñeiro's knowledge.
- We don't know about the status of Caribou.
- There is some question as to what needs to be done for gnome-mag and who will be available to do it.
- Fer has been busy, but will try to find time to look into it in the weeks to come.
- There is a python dbus tester written by Joseph, but the tests do not require the new pygobject.
- gdk is only used to get the screen size.
Conclusion: Fer will update 626228 to indicate that just a test needs to be migrated.
- The colorblind applet is written in python. It needs to be converted as well.
- Current status:
- There might be one more Orca thing to add (if so, Joanie will do this).
- Joseph has some items to add (he will do so after the meeting).
- We have no idea what the situation is with Caribou.
- We have one pending/to-be-discussed item: Meego
- Then we have to create the "unfunded" document.
- Finally we should re-approach the Board to present the documents to them.
- The "unfunded" document:
- will list the items on the full-team roadmap, as well as the individual roadmaps, which are unfunded (and thus in danger of not being completed by the desired/needed time
- Joanie will create an initial draft of the document based on what she knows and guesses and then pass it by the team for review/correction. She plans to have this draft completed by next week's team meeting (7 December), and hopefully sooner.
- Piñeiro gave an overview of what Meego is (see log) and that the Foundation recently created a project to make Gtk work on Meego.
- Piñeiro and Joanie believe it is worthy of inclusion on the roadmap. There was no dissent.
The Qt AT-SPI work is thought to be beyond the scope of our roadmap.
- Conclusion: We will include it in the roadmap, with a tentative date of June 2011 - June 2012, stating the dependencies in the description, and understanding that the date may need to be changed later on.
- An agenda item for several weeks now.
- Undiscussed because we've been hoping to have Bryen here since it is outreach-related.
- Last meeting's conclusion was that Piñeiro would send an email to find out about the current status and follow up with Bryen.
- Conclusion: Piñeiro will send the aforementioned email(s).
Agenda for the next meeting
Updating the GNOME Desktop Accessibility Guide
- Missing ATs
- Moving to Mallard
- GNOME 3.0 updates
- Unity nux toolkit
- Google Code-in (hoping Bryen to be there)
- Thoughts on "Do we need more hackfests?"
- Your topic here
- Your topic here