Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of November 25th, 2010
- When: Thursday, November 25th, 07:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
Piñeiro added to the roadmap, including
- Some additional points on Atk
- A to-be-discussed new item for Meego accessibility
- Piñeiro stated that any Meego a11y work should follow the integration work.
- Joanie is interested in having a ballpark estimate on the time frame so that if we want to include it on our roadmap, we have some idea as to where to put it.
- Joanie proposed that we clean up the Meego item, move it from "To Be Discussed" to "To Be Scheduled" (or something along those lines) and bring it up when we next meet with the Board since they are the ones who put out the RFP in the first place.
- Piñeiro suggested that we could put this task after our other work.
- Some discussion occurred about the size (amount of work) of each section being consistent. (No conclusions reached.)
- It was observed that Caribou is still not included on the roadmap as we are still waiting to hear back from that team.
- Some discussion occurred about where and how to indicate funding needs
- Joanie's concern: The full team roadmap doesn't include all of the planned work in GNOME a11y; simply those goals we more or less share as a team. And some of the items not on the full team roadmap are unfunded.
- Conclusion: Joanie will draft out a document pulling this information together so that Piñeiro and other team members can review it.
- Piñeiro questioned the value of weekly meetings in which he and Joanie are the only ones present.
- Danigm and Mike chimed in to say they were present, but silent.
Agenda for the next meeting
- GNOME 3.0 updates
Unity nux toolkit (Penelope's update)
- Google Code-in (hoping Bryen to be there)
- . Thoughts on "Do we need more hackfests?"
- Your topic here
- Your topic here