Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of November 11th, 2010

  • When: Thursday, November 11th, 7:00 UTC
  • Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y

Meeting Log

Topics Discussed

Google Code-In

  • Bryen was not present. No further discussion occurred.

Boston Summit output

  • Joanmarie attended to Heidi student's presentation
    • They would require more guidance
    • Heidi was not able to connect with the people currently working on Caribou
  • Joanmarie&Ale met with GNOME Shell developers, mostly about Orca integration

  • Benjamin Otte is taking an interest in ATK, AT-SPI, etc
  • They also met with compiz-eZoom developers
  • Mike Gorse talked with John Palmieri about gobject introspection

migration to PyGObject

  • Alejandro Piñeiro added this point to check the status of the migration to PyGObject GnomeGoals/PythonIntrospectionPorting https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=626218

  • Affects Orca, Caribou and Accerciser
  • Alejandro Piñeiro asked about current plans on Orca
  • Alejandro Leiva is optimistic with the change (about feasibility), and it will be done eventually
  • Alejandro Piñeiro fears if pygtk will be deprecated on GNOME 3.0
  • If so, this is another GNOME 3.0 risk.
  • *Required to ask* (desktop-devel-list)
  • No one from Accerciser or Caribou to ask


  • Alejandro Piñeiro asked Carlos Garcia and Fernando Herrera about gnome-panel status
  • The status is the same, and in fact gnome-panel seems somewhat abandoned
  • *Require to ask* (desktop-devel-list)


  • Joanie told us that Q3 Marketing page is updated with the accessibility data.
  • Mario Sanchez reports that current work on WebkitGTK accessibility work is in a good shape, and almost finished the current 25331 metabug
  • Alejandro Piñeiro suggested that it would be a good idea to close this one with the current scope and create another one
  • Joanmarie said that she already planned that

Agenda for the next meeting

  1. Roadmap
  2. Unity nux toolkit (Penelope's update)

  3. Google Code-in (hoping Bryen to be there)
  4. Status of the migration to PyGObject GnomeGoals/PythonIntrospectionPorting https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=626218

  5. GNOME 3.0 updates
  6. Thoughts on "Do we need more hackfests?"
  7. Reminders:
  8. Your topic here
  9. Your topic here

Accessibility/Minutes/20101111 (last edited 2010-11-18 12:43:05 by JoanmarieDiggs)