Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of October 14th, 2010
- When: Thursday, October 14th, 7:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
- Alejandro Piñeiro stated that, aside from the "jinx" which seemed to impact the hackfest, the experience was good. His conclusions:
- need to keep working towards GNOME 3
- some of the items on the GNOME 3 list are (again) outdated
- We need a roadmap (he will create a rough draft soon)
- We need to decide if we need more hackfests the next year, adding that a hackfest (i.e. CSUN) in the middle of GNOME 3 might not be ideal.
- Ale agreed that AEGIS was a positive experience.
- Mike cited mostly working on AT-SPI and the benefit of being able to work directly with Shaun to get a better idea about documenation.
- Mike reported having fixed a few performance issues, at which point he concluded a core C library might be better, rather than implementing everything in Python. He has started this work and will do enough to test if a full implementation is worth pursuing.
- In response to Alejandro Piñeiro's query about this meaning CSPI will be implemented after all, Mike responded that his work will make doing so easier to do, but that he may or may not have time to do it. He cited differences between the CSPI API and what a GLib-based app typically has as making it not ideal to use with gobject introspection.
Java Access Wrapper (JAW)
- Ke reported reviewing bugs in bugzilla and that he is resuming work in this area after the Sun/Oracle transition.
Feedback on Caribou Requirements
Heidi has created a new page in which to gather feedback.
- More feedback is desired.
GNOME A11y Roadmap
- Alejandro Piñeiro still needs to create a rough draft as a base.
- Once this is done, the rest of the team can discuss and improve it.
Joanie (not present) and Ale will attend to talk with gnome-shell, WebKitGtk+, and eZoom developers, along with anyone else interested in meeting with them about Orca and a11y.
- Mike reported that he will attend as well but he's not sure exactly what he will do there.
Agenda for the next meeting
- GNOME 3.0 updates
- Thoughts on "Do we need more hackfests?"
Did you update your section(s) of the GNOME 3.0 page?
Do you have feedback for Heidi and her students regarding Caribou Requirements?
Q3 status reports were due to Bryen 18 October. Please add your report to our wiki so that Bryen can write and submit a summary for inclusion in the full GNOME Foundation Q3 report.
- Your topic here
- Your topic here