Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of September 30th, 2010
- When: Thursday, September 30th, 7:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
- Alejandro Piñeiro reported that Brian Nitz's testing session will be moved to start a bit later in the day.
- (Towards the end of the meeting) Fer mentioned that he was getting the GNOME materials embossed but will not arrive in Sevilla until Wednesday.
- Alejandro Piñeiro responded that Bryen had asked about materials the other day and Peter said it would be fine to add them to USB sticks, but sending the materials to Emergya might make sense.
- Fer said he would coordinate with Ale.
- Alejandro Piñeiro asked Fer about a message regarding gnome-mag problems.
- Fer responded that he talked to Li and will take a look at the reported bug.
- Fer and Alejandro Piñeiro discussed the problems (including lack of optimization) with gnome-mag's current gtk2 gdk drawing.
- Fer added that Benjamin Otte will finish some work he did to move gnome-mag to cairo and also optimize its drawing.
- Mike is working on performance issues, including the use of direct D-Bus connections.
Alejandro Piñeiro mentioned that Michael Meeks had posted a reaction to the addition of kernel support to improve D-Bus performance.
- Additional discussion took place about gdbus versus libdbus (see chat log)
Agenda for the next meeting
- AEGIS updates
- GNOME 2.32 updates
- GNOME 3.0 updates
Initial WebKitGtk+ support has been added to Orca!
- GNOME a11y road map:
- Boston Summit
- Feedback on Caribou requirements questions
- Your topic here