- Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of September 23th, 2010
- Meeting Log
- Topics Discussed
- Agenda for the next meeting
Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of September 23th, 2010
- When: Thursday, September 23th, 15:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
Opening comments (15:00 - 15:05)
AEGIS Hotel (15:05 - 15:15)
- Alejandro Leiva report that he made the hotel booking during the weekend.
- Bryen ask some questions related to the people who requested extra nights.
- Alejandro Leiva will contact foundation about it.
- Stormy confirmed that Foundation will have no problem paying all and getting reimbursed
- Joseph ask Alejandro Leiva to confirm the hotel.
AEGIS Posters and other Marketing (15:15 - 15:30)
- Bryen has some cards that he would like to print in braille
- Fernando Herrera in contact with ONCE told him that it would not be there until 6th
- Bryen asks Peter Korn if there is any other possibility
- Joseph pointed that AEGIS organizers sent him a mail about the posters layouts.
- About the other formats, Peter Korn suggest to just add GNOME information on the USB stick
AEGIS Virtual Hackfest (15:30 - 15:35)
- Joanmarie has reviewed the GNOME "blocking" bugs (ie: Evolution)
- Bryen comments that Evolution priorities has changed, so it would be difficult to get them involved.
- Yippie points out that Evolution is basically under-resourced
AEGIS Unconferece (15:35 - 15:45)
- Joanmarie would like to have some unconference time:
- She have in mind some meetings
- She also wants some time apart from the rigidly-scheduled things
- Bryen also likes the idea
- Peter Korn is worried about the remote people attendance to meetings
- Joanmarie points that all official meetings are scheduled
- But other meetings are required with the people on hackfest (ie: Webkit, Orca future, ...)
- Mario Sanchez suggests write down this meetings required. Joanmarie approves.
AEGIS misc (15:45 - 15:50)
- Bryen points out the importance of blogging.
- Joanmarie points out the importance of update the wiki.
- Peter informs again about the "eSpeak Tuning" room in order to improve eSpeak various languages
- More information on the registration desk
- Thursday afternoon and most of Friday
- Reminder from Peter Korn related to register to all the GNOME people willing to attend the AEGIS conference itself
Caribou (15:50 - 16:00)
- Heidi has students writing a requirements document for Caribou.
- Some proposals to share all this data (mailing lists, wiki)
Final shots (16:00 - 16:05)
- Joanmarie points out the lack of a accessibility roadmap
- Joanmarie would like to talk about it with Bryen+Alejandro Piñeiro during the unconference time
- Random cheap comments about spanish gastronomy
Agenda for the next meeting
- AEGIS updates
- GNOME 2.32 updates
- GNOME 3.0 updates
Initial WebKitGtk+ support has been added to Orca!
- GNOME a11y road map:
- Boston Summit
- Feedback on Caribou requirements questions
- Your topic here