Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of September 16th, 2010
- When: Thursday, September 16th, 07:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
(Note: Due to connectivity issues and a light agenda, this week's meeting was unusually low in discussion.)
AEGIS (07:10 - 07:16, 07:40 - 07:46)
- This week, Alejandro Piñeiro sent Alejandro Leiva the final list of attendees for the purpose of booking the hotel.
- Ale will meet with a representative from the hotel today and plans to book rooms for everyone on the list he received from Alejandro Piñeiro.
- Anyone not on the list who wishes to be included should contact Ale via email.
GNOME 2.32 (07:16 - 07:26)
- Alejandro Piñeiro asked if there were any release-related issues apart from Caribou.
- Joanie suggested we write release notes that highlight contributions made as part of the Consorcio Fernando de los Ríos.
- Mike pointed out the Evince a11y work, but it's not clear if that will be included within this release or not.
- Mike stated that AT-SPI will be CORBA-based this release.
GNOME 3.0 (07:26 - 07:32, 07:50 - 08:14)
- Eitan was not present to comment on Caribou with respect to its inclusion in GNOME 3.0.
- Joaquim confirmed that OCRFeeder is not an official GNOME package and is unsure if he will propose it for GNOME 3.0. He needs to find out if including PyODT will be a problem.
(Discussion between Li and Joanie about an Orca+OpenSolaris issue)
- Daniel will find out for which release the Evince a11y improvements will be included.
Agenda for the next meeting
- AEGIS updates
- Hotel booking
- "Virtual hackfest"
- Scheduling meetings versus unconference
Do your "homework"
- GNOME 2.32 updates
- GNOME 3.0 updates
Initial WebKitGtk+ support has been added to Orca!
- GNOME a11y road map:
- Should we have a cross-solution road map?
What is each team doing? (And what should they be doing?)
- Boston Summit
- Best way to get feedback to students on Caribou functionality and requirements
- Your topic here