- Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of September 02th, 2010
- Meeting Log
- Topics Discussed
- Agenda for the next meeting
Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of September 02th, 2010
- When: Thursday, September 02th, 7:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
General Greetings and Conversation (9:01 - 9:06)
Travel Committee Updates (9:06 - 9:14)
- Alejandro Piñeiro explains that they sent the final priority list to the Travel Committe.
- Waiting for a answer.
- Bryen asks why this took so long, as this affects the travel costs.
- Alejandro Piñeiro tries to explain it.
Hotel Discussion (9:14 - 9:19)
- Bryen asked if there are any hotel update
- Alejandro Leiva said that he is waiting fro the committe answer for the booking.
- Bryen asked if there are a tentative place.
- Tryp Macarena, the same as the last two meetings.
#a11y meetings, frequency, timetable and format (9:19 - 9:40)
- Discussion about several aspects of the #a11y meetings:
- Frequency: it is required a weekly meeting?
- Timetable: is the current one a good timetable
- Format: some people felt that meetings goes too much into detail.
- About the frequency and timetable, Bryen commented that a weekly meeting is a overkill, doing it bi-weekly, will mean some people will only meet once a month
- About the detail, Bryen feel that we enter too much into detail
- He propose a more update-oriented meeting
- He also propose limit the time applied for each agenda item
- Alejandro Piñeiro point that just him and Joanmarie suggest agenda items
They have found meetings with just two items => 30 min for each, so it is normal enter on details
- That became a three-person discussion, so we conclude that we should ask that on the mailing list
GNOME 3.0 updates (9:40 - 9:55)
- Brief talk about the recent Eitan mail to desktop devel related to Caribou and GNOME release
- He mentions that it is a problem due GOK
- All have the feeling that next GNOME release will be "the same with fixes"
- So they don't understand Eitan statement, we should ask about it
2.32 Release Notes (9:55 - 10:00)
- Bryen reminds the recent mail from Paul Cutler related to the 2.32 release notes.
Agenda for the next meeting
- AEGIS update
- First impressions about the "weekly meetings and format" on the mailing list
- GNOME 3.0 update
- Miscellaneous items