Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of August 19th, 2010
- When: Thursday, August 19th, 7:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
AEGIS Conference and Hackfest
- Alejandro Piñeiro was interchanging mails with Germán Poo of the Travel committee for an update.
- Germán has some hw problems with his laptop, he will sent the list as soon as possible.
- List required in order to create a definitive budget for the hackfest.
- Alejandro Leiva has contacted hotel tryp macarena, the one recommended by AEGIS
- Initially they have offered a 15% group discount, but is required a minimum of 10.
- In the same way, they informed that they have full the 9th.
- This means that the day scheduled for wrap-up should be removed.
- Bryen pointed that this shouldn't be a problem, as it is similar to the situation on CSUN.
- Alejandro Leiva would check second options.
- We also need attendands lists for this issue (group discount)
Alternative/additional funding sources
- Bryen reported that there are not real updates from the funding sources.
- He will always be on the lookout for funding opportunities.
- Bryen also shared some doubts because he didn't get any answer about his interpreters petition to foundation
- Alejandro Piñeiro things that this should be just added as a additional cost, and that foundation is waiting for the final budget estimation.
Posters for the Conference
- Alejandro Piñeiro current idea is avoid to create a poster, as it there would be overlapping with the general gnome-a11y one.
- Joanmarie will work on a Orca one.
- Remember: The deadline for submission to the conference organizers is 31 August.
- Peter Korn (not present on the meeting) suggested that some people would be interested in assist to some of the meetings (ie: testing) remotely.
- Joanmarie Diggs fears the infrastructure issues related to that.
- It would depend on how many people are interested on that.
- During next week we would try to check how many people are interested.
- Li Yuan tried to talk with Michael Gorse about the at-spi release
- Mike was not there, but Joanmarie told Li Yuan that Mike Gorse question was related to the defaul relocation option.
- A new at-spi release will be done for 2.32 using corba as the default for gnome, as a 2.30 extension
Agenda for the next meeting
(Work in progress, using last week one)
- Travel Committee response
- Hotel (selection and possibility of a group rate)
- Alternative funding sources
- Testing session details
- Outreach hackfest details
- GNU's got them; can we provide them with the support they need?