Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of July 22nd, 2010
- When: Thursday, July 22th, 6:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
Alejandro P. ask people if they have applied to http://live.gnome.org/Travel
- Mike Gorse, Li Yuan and Ke Wang no, but doing while the meeting
- As Chema Casanova and Germán Poo are in Spain due Guadec-es, Alejandro Piñeiro will talk with them, to check who has applied
- Bryen told in a email that he is approaching alternative funding sources. Not here to gave updates.
- Fer's company is handling document production (braille, large print, electronic format) for the booth stuff
- Items from previous meetings in the same state.
- Alejandro Piñeiro asks about the status of gtk3.0, specifically to Joanmarie
- Also asks if this is affected by the new python bindings
- Joanie answered that she didn't have reviewed that, her priority is the regression testing
- Also said that he plans to do that
- When Eitan Isaacson were requested, he said that he plans to give the maintainer status to Brian Nitz
- Also confirmed that he will not be at AEGIS
- Recents mail on gnu accessibility lists about performance problem
- Alejandro P. asks Joanmarie and Mike Gorse if there are any kind of comparative measures
- Just observations
TheMuso suggested that it would be good to use a environment with just one or the other
- Also comments that Maverick (Ubuntu) will have at-spi based on CORBA
<rant about getting a pure dbus environment>
TheMuso announce that there are a possibility of a opentts/speech-dispatcher merge. Brailcom meeting soon.
- Joanmarie suggested a change on the meetings scheduled at 6:00 UTC to be moved to 7:00 UTC
Agenda for the next meeting
(NOTE: Taken from the postponed agenda. Realistically, depending on what transpires with respect to funding, we might need to postpone these items -- or do email updates -- again.)
- After meeting with foundation, we need a final budget value
- German propose try to contact local governments, in relation with the lodging
- Gently reminder to the people that want sponsorship to use travel comitte
- Other Funding Issues/Updates
- Status asking other companies
- Schedule/Agenda Update
- Other Updates
- Did Bryen provide his description to the gnome-accessibility-list?
- Has the booth for CSUN 2011 been confirmed/paid for?
GNOME 3.0 Status
Reminder: Did you update your areas on the GNOME 3.0 Status page?
GnomeVoiceControl and CSPI
With the new goal about gsettings migration, what we are going to do with things like:
Universal Access Preferences UI: it says a lot that the main use is modify gconf settings
- Orca is already working on it
- Main a11y gconf property "/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility", and relocate ones, "/desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-corba" are defined on a *deprecated for years* library, libgnome
- Should we use this gsettings migration as a good moment to move to a proper place?
- Move it where?
- Status on cleaning up our documentation for developers