Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of June 03th, 2010
- When: Thursday, June 03th, 15:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
GNOME 3.0 items status
In the previous meeting it was detected that some GNOME 3 items on the gnome live page are outdated.
- It was suggested that any maintainer/developer should review the page an update it properly.
- Brief debate about the current situation
Carlos sent a mail explaining that although it is almost done, there are still some things to do, but he can't do that, so he asked for a volunteer.
No volunteer appeared yet
- clown will take a look here, but he is too busy right now with GS-mag to manage it by himself
- Updated risk from medium to high
- This is important as the idea is have the same dbus API for gnome-mag and GS-mag
- Brief talk between Bryen and Patrick Welche talked briefly about it.
- HFOSS has started already so they need to contact them quickly.
- jpwhiting made a brief update. qt-atspi2 was moved from codethink repositories to gitorious ones.
Peter Korn updates the information about it (remember, we have a http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/HackfestAEGIS2010
We have our room for Monday & Tuesday; we should have a room Wednesday as well (still waiting to confirm that)
- We have a room on Saturday morning if we want it
- We will have a number of AEGIS GNOME hackers present (Full list not yet confirmed)
- We have support for a GNOME Foundation booth
- We have received a number of papers relating to GNOME accessibility, and we will be reviewing all papers in the coming weeks, accepting some, rejecting others...
- Things to do:
- Figure out who is coming
- Secure travel funds for them that needs it
- Finalize our agenda for what we want to talk about (a small "inner-circle cabal" has sketched out some ideas, but nothing mature enough to present)
- Hotel recommendation
- The foundation was contacted, so they are aware about it
- Right we can say that there are a hackfest, although we still need to check people and fund
- Both concepts are related
- Korn proposed to create a "Hope to attend" sub section on the page
- Alejandro Piñeiro propose to start to make public announcements (ie: planet gnome) in order to ask people to fill it.
- Bryen also volunteer to organize the communication, and the booth
- Peter Korn ask Alejandro Piñeiro and Joanmarie to try to organize hackfest agenda
- Part of the agenda (Saturday 9th) depends on the Boston Summit, Joanmarie will try to contact John Palmieri
- Finally: we will have a poster room, where individual projects can have posters up