Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of May 27th, 2010
- When: Thursday, May 27th, 6:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
- Peter Korn updated the information about it.
- Abstract submission deadline has been extended again, to May 28
- We're hoping to have a significant GNOME presence there
- We are also looking into holding a GNOME Accessibility Hackfest, ala CSUN
- We have secured space for a hackfest
- Some dates proposals:
Monday & Tuesday for the hackfest (University is closed Sunday and Saturday afternoon)
Conference sessions Thursday & Friday
Peter Korn created a live.gnome.org page to coordinate it: aegis hackfest
- Encourage people to clean/complete it
- Trying to list people assisting there:
- ATRC guys
- Some igalian guys (1-2) will try to be there
- Joanmarie Diggs
- Peter Korn
- AEGIS hackers
- The list will be refined in the following months
- Peter Korn ask is there are something missing before talk with Stormy and the Foundation about funding
- Steve Lee explained the current status, although nothing really new since previous meeting.
- In the mailing lists they are planning a new meeting, not schedule yet
- Steve Lee was asked to present a paper at AEGIS
- Bryen was not present. Postponed to the next meeting.
JJardon at-spi2 metabug
Brief comment about metabug created by Javier Jardón, in order to track apps that would require changes due the new at-spi2 and pyatspi2
- The idea is that the maintainers of the different apps use this to track it.
Review of GNOME 3.0 items
As usually, reviewing items on http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GNOME3
- Orca regression tests with at-spi2
- joanie and mgorse couldn't test it lately
- joanie mentions that this task should prioritized