Minutes for Accessibility IRC Meeting of May 20th, 2010
- When: Thursday, May 20th, 15:00 UTC
- Where: irc.gnome.org, #a11y
C&P from the summary sent to the mailing list
- ryan22 suggested that the accessibility frameworks should be less DE independent.
- He pointed that there are some issues of orca with xfce
- As this seemed too big for the #a11y meeting the conclusion was that this would be managed first in the orca mailing list.
- Attended by SJ, slee, stormy, and Bryen
- Identified a number of areas we need to grow in. Evangelism, formalizing the structure for student internship programs, and funding to pay for the above.
- Bryen pointed out Peter Korn idea about a GNOME Hackfest on the AEGIS Conference, similar to the CSUN one.
- Some people started to point out interesting points to talk there:
- prlw1: non-python dbus related things, XINPUT2
- Steve Lee: Caribou
- In the end Joan Marie Diggs pointed GNOME 3.0, so in summary:
"Not saying what we did in the past wasn't important; merely that AEGIS is happening 2 weeks after the 3.0 release, which seems like a good time to sit down and solve actual, concrete problems while we're all in the same room"
- And the conclusion was given by Bryen:
"let's start planning on discussing the hackfest over the next month (June) so we can identify what our needs are and what resources we have available to make it happen"
- The primary mentor for HFOSS is out due personal reasons.
- There isn't too much time to coordinate it.
- This means that we now have neither a mentor, nor a proposal that
- will work well. Proposals are required.
- During a brief brainstorming:
- Bryen said that final proposal was Mousetrap.
- Steve Lee asked about Caribou. dpellicer said
- prlw1 suggested a game mode for dasher
- ryan22 suggested: enchant or aspell could be to support the "dyslexic spell checker"
- Steve Lee pointed main links:
May 20 17:46:54 <slee> http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved/SmallTasks May 20 17:47:05 <slee> http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility/GetInvolved May 20 17:47:43 <slee> and if you have lots of time May 20 17:47:45 <slee> https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=accessibility;query_format=advanced;keywords_type=allwords;bug_status=UNCONFIRMED;bug_status=NEW;bug_status=ASSIGNED;bug_status=REOPENED;bug_status=NEEDINFO
- Joanie suggested to look from the non-a11y side of things
- Bryen pointed that this is a goal for the NSF project
- prlw1: scanning interface